UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Laurel n Hardy

Urg. Woken by yodelling giant lurcher at 7am. On a Saturday! Mollydog was not happy.

They've all had their breakfast and gone back to sleep, but I'm awake now! rolleyes.gif

Photos of giant yodelling lurcher will follow when I have walked them, cos at the moment I just have a couple of ones showing how he absolutely fills my largest crate which I had previously considered to be a decent size... unsure.gif

There can never be enough Long dogs,Lurchers nor shaggy dog stories. Im looking out for the photos too.

Syd may well be banished back downstairs again at night. He started coming upstairs when we first got Talyn as he started have a go at everyone at night, even from his crate. However I don't think that is going to be a problem now that everyone has settled down again. Frankly I can't take being kicked, shoved over to the very edge of the King! sized bed, the lipsmacking and god knows what noises that have started to go on for hours in the early hours of the morning, and yesterday I was woken up at 4am from the gurgling of his stomach!

This morning I got woken up by being continually kicked in the back and head whilst he ran in his sleep again, that was about 3am, I took the duvet and pillows and went to the spare room, shut the door so he couldn't' come in and finally fell asleep at just after 5am, got woken at 5.30 by OH getting up for work, who then left the door to the room open so Syd came in and took up the whole bloody bed again, except I was too tired to move so catnapped until 6.30 when Talyn decided it was time for everyone to be up.

I haven't had a decent night's sleep for weeks now so Syd will just have to go back to sleeping in his crate again.

Owl :GroupHug:

It was a lovely sunny morning when I took the dogs out. Given the changeability of the weather these days, I usually tie my mac round my waist just in case. I've never had to use it yet. Forgot to take it this morning, sod's law we got caught in torrential rain and drenched to the skin. I only had a thin tshirt on top, all my clothes were clinging to me after a few minutes. At least I wasn't the only one, I saw several others in the same predicament.

Apart from the rain, Max fell down a step. Normally he is brilliant with steps, but he just didn't realise it was there and walked off the edge of it (there were three large steps down off an old railway platform). I just saw him go and he yelped really loudly (he never lets you know when he's in pain, so it must have hurt). He just sat there hunched up and frightened to move for a couple of minutes :mecry: I thought he'd done himself a real injury cos he was reluctant to walk for a while, but after a few more minutes he started walking slowly. He got better as we progressed round the walk but he didn't run at any point, so we went quite slowly for him. I don't know whether he was in pain or whether he was just shaken up by the experience, plus he hates heavy rain. I've given him some Metacam and have put a snuggly blanket on his chair. I will keep an eye on him and see what he's like later and then make a decision on whether he needs a vet visit.

RMF : I love that feeling when you've been soaked and you've changed into soft warm clothes. I have dug out the dog bed covers I made out of supersoft blankets, so we're all snuggly and warm now :wub:

And the winner of the most revolting recipe is:

Toffee and liver profiteroles :laugh:

I do hope you're not going down with a bug :flowers:

May well be so am taking things gently today. Luckily Wispa has been getting lots of exercise as her great friend Jasper the lab has been walking with us a lot. His mum who is a vet has had ten days hols, and we have nice relaxing strolls while the 2 nutters do an hour of Xtreme Kung Fu.

Hope Max feels better after a rest in warm blankets.

lewis did well at the races yesterday, so have board in advance, so money to spend at the show tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin:

The new relief manager in our area used to work in Gibraltar with Lewis, a chap called Malcolm. I haven't worked with him yet but he did phone me to tell me he almost knows me anyway because he worked with my friend Paul in Gib and your son :laugh: It's a very small world :laugh:

Oh no Vonny. I'm so sorry. :GroupHug:

Alex hope Max is ok :GroupHug:

Thorntons have started selling other stuff of us for the likes of me who can't eat chocolate and I had rather luscious coconut ice. Got Kasabian CD's in HMV so now can listen to my hearts content. Rather sad to see they're not selling much in the way of music these days.