UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

We were forecast rain all morning turning to snow at midday. We have in fact had heavy snow since early morning and cars are now getting stuck in our village. Glad I don't need to go anywhere, and have all necessary supplies. Could well be housebound tomorrow as well x

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad am I, a fit healthy person, if I spend all day in PJs and don't get dressed at all? I did put a raincoat over them to feed birds, who were most grateful. (In my defence I will shower and put on clean PJs at some point.)

I'd never get away with that Owl. No matter how bad the weather, even when I know the wimps won't set foot outside the door, I have to get up and dressed, put coat and shoes on get all the dog walking paraphernalia ready and set off only for them to say no thanks we're not going out in that. The joys of OCD dogs 🤣

• Haha 1

I showered and put on some of my favourite cosiest clothes which has cheered me up. Then went out into garden to dole out another helping for the birds. 5 inches and still coming down, but also thawing so it is sliding off the roofs. 

Watching the local news and weather, absolute chaos on a lot of roads, not just round here but west Yorkshire too.  The car driver watching the bus sliding sideways down the hill towards him must have been in a panic! I felt sorry for young woman who'd dropped her children off at her mum's and was going back home..she'd been stuck for four hours, a journey that should have taken 20 minutes.

Candy should have gone to the vet for her follow up after her teeth extraction, but I phoned and said was it really necessary, as Philip didn't fancy his chances of getting there with the roads as they were and they said no problem, so long as you have no concerns about her.  Eve, Candy loves the snow, she'll even go out happily in rain.  Our late cav Rosie wouldn't walk a step if there was even a drop of rain in the air.

Meant to freeze tonight, I'll have to clear a patch to put some bird food out tomorrow and hope the little birds get to it before the magpies and pigeons do.