UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

Really cold here, just turned the heating up to 19.  Philip bought some sunflower seeds and mealworms this morning (no, we're not trying an alternative diet!) and the birds are very grateful.  Just had a bluetit, robin, several sparrows and a determined pigeon going for it with gusto. Also a squirrel..they rarely miss out on a meal if somethings on offer.  All three of the water bowls in the garden were solid so they've been washed out and refilled, so I feel we're doing our bit for the birdlife.

The thermostat control hasn't been nudged by accident, has it, Jazz?

A friend in Wales has been feeding a pair of robins in her garden for a few years. Last year they came into the house during one if the severe storms and sheltered in the kitchen until it was over. This year they have been sleeping in their nest in the toolshed, but now they have moved into the utility room and are staying put! 

• Like 2

I hadnt been inside the fridge. only by luck I went to get the fish fingers for tea when I found all the food. Hope I caught it in time. got the pie in the fridge, hope to have it for tea tomorrow.

dylan has had another fit. couldnt move for a while. we are discussing weather take it thats how he is, as hes fine after wards, or to take him to the vet. 

Maybe phone the vet in the morning and see what they think Jazz?

Love the robin story Owl. We have a few come in the garden and they're quite tame and will perch beside me when I'm working out there. None brave enough to come indoors though.

No snow here, thank goodness. It can stay away!