UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

I feel such a numpty. Just found debit card in the one bag of recycling I didn't look. A local charity collects crisp/nuts/nibbles packets and recycles them to raise funds. The debit card and an empty crisp packet of similar silver grey colour must have travelled downstairs together ...  I was just packing the crisp packets more neatly in a bag as the lady who collects them will be coming next week, and there was the card. 

Everything thawing now, quite slushy. 

Have to get van through MOT next week.

• Like 1

Well Owl, you said you'd probably find it when the new one arrived! 

Hope the van passes.  Our car isn't due it's MOT until March...usually passes with no problems, but another year older might mean it doesn't.

Hope he'll be ok until Monday, Jazz.  One of our poms used to have fits, she was on medication which kept them under control until one day sadly it didn't.  

• Sad 1

More snow overnight but it is gone now apart from sheltered areas. Had a careful walk with Cleo as packed snpw was meltong on top- not a good combination.

Went for milk and spent £56!  Won't need to shop for a while. 

Forecast is possibly snow Wednesday/ Thursday  so I will be okay.

• Like 1

Hope Dylan is still ok. Lovely to hear Elwood is looking out for him.

No snow here, except for on the hills behind us, and none forecast, thank goodness. Was sunny but bitterly cold today and I got a couple of hours outside tidying up in the garden. Then a long soak in a hot bath to thaw out so worth it. Much better than being stuck indoors.

The scan may be to check fro a brain tumour but, since you are not likely to do anything about it , it doesn't seem necessary.

One of my dallies a had a suspected brain  or pituitary tumour at aged 8. I declined a scan as it wouldn't change anything to know. My vet agreed , saying he had never done brain surgery on a dog and was not intending to start now.

He lived until he was 12  and did show signs like dementia as he got older. He suffered a torsion and an xray before surgery revealed numerous  secondary tumours in his lungs- which confirmed the earlier suspicion.  SO it was time to let him go.

Vets have to offer you all that is available but because you can doesn't mean you should.

I hope he can enjoy many more days 

I would have decided the same in your position, Jazz.  Hope the little fella will pootle on for a while yet. 

Van in garage for repair to rear passenger door lock which has jammed, then staying to be checked over and put through MOT.  Wispa does not seem to mind being confined to home at present as the prevailing north winds don't inspire her to go anywhere, any more than they do me.