UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jan 2021

Jazz

Been out to reserve for first time since last Sunday. Wispa enjoyed herself. Was ok as long as we kept moving but very cold if we stopped for a moment. Wind swinging round to west tomorrow morning, should thaw things out. Lots of ice on the lakes still, birds walking about on it.

The local weather guy said tonight will be the coldest so far, so keep warm Owl.

Poor Candy, went to the vet to have a tooth removed, and ended up minus 11! She's ok, but rather peeved that she isn't getting her usual amount of food.  On a brighter note, my Covid test came back negative.

Eve, she was whimpering a bit in the night, but we have painkiller to put on her breakfast and she seems happier today.  Rather puzzled as to why she can't have her biscrok though, she sits by the cupboard door and stares at it as if she willing it to leap out to her!

• Haha 1

Poor Candy. But she will feel better when it heals

Keeping warm is a full time job these days. I cleared the inches of snow off my car yesterday but underneath was a layer of frozen snow.

There was more snow overnight so it has a thick covering again.

My electricity went off on Tuesday. Electricity engineer came out and found my main switch- which I did not know about- had tripped. he switched it on and everything was fine.

it went off again today so I asked my son to check it as I did not want to call them out again if it was in the house. Again the main switch had tripped.

The only connection was that each time I was using the tumble drier so I suspect it was the cause. It was in the house when I came so I dod not know how old it is. Now I am debating getting a repair man out or getting anew one.

My son offered to clear the snow from my front path while he was here.

The weather should warm up tomorrow so I hope it all disappears quickly. I hate a slow thaw.

• Like 1

Good morning, everything thawing here at last. The ice on the reserve lakes yesterday afternoon was still thick enough for ducks to walk about on. Or even crash land on. 200+ widgeon landing and skidding about was an interesting sight.

Edited by owl

Feeling really put out.  I cooked a lovely roast dinner, (apologies to veggies), chicken, roast potates, yorkshire pudding and veg.  When I got the plate in front of me, I just didn't want it.  I managed one mouthful and that was it! Oh well, Philip and Candy enjoyed it.