UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Well, it's been a strange day but here I am back home again!  I got back to the department yesterday afternoon after an urgent summons to be told I should have come by ambulance..great, no one sent it! Then taken back to the bay I'd been in earlier to see a big notice Closed Bay.  Why? Because someone in there when I was had tested positive for Covid.  Oh..great. We'll move you asap but you were in contact all night. Got to a different bay to be told total bedrest, even bedpans.  That went well, they had to change the whole bed! Bed pans are not my favourite thing.   Leap forward a few hours, Northern General phoned and said an operation would be too dangerous, so no go.  Then they tried to get in touch with Weston Park.  Meanwhile a very nice consultant appeared, told me I could have a commode, rather than a bedpan  He must have heard of the disaster! Some while later, a phone call from an oncologist at Weston.  No you don't need to stay in bed, in fact you can go home and come here on Monday at 2 for a planning scan, then radiotherapy at 4 which might take an hour.  Gulp.  If any odd symptoms arise tomorrow right their emergency number and get in asap.  Now you know as  much as I do.  I'll have to hope I dodged the Covid and that one session of rads will prove to be enough! Thanks very much for all the good wishes, they must have worked.

I agree with the disorganisation, it's not just between different hospitals either, but departments in the same ones.  I asked whether an ambulance was needed and he said no, just an ordinary car but your husband can't come in the hospital.  As I'll be there all afternoon, he'll just drop me off and come back when needed.  Traffic shouldn't be too bad going,  worse coming home I imagine as work will be letting out.

All the best for tomorrow, Suzeanna. 

Why on earth would they put you in bay that was closed die to the virus. Surely they could have found somewhere else. 

And they tell us that the hospitals are following covid guidelines to protect patients. 

No wonder people catch the virus on hospital.

Wet. wet and wet here. Had a quick trip to B&Q to get rings to pout my curtains up to make it cosier. Now waiting for the family to  early dinner.

Took out my fibre optic tree but it is not lighting up. It must need a new bulb but I cannot see how to open the base. Hopefully, my son will be able to do it.

I hope you get the tree sorted..is it a large one? I have a small one, and a bigger silver one but not fibre optic.

Another thing that doesn't help the spread of Covid in hospital: schools are keeping their windows open, homes are advised to especially if visitors coming over Christmas.  Hospitals are heated to boiling levels and the windows..are shut.  EMU has people coming in all the time, day and night as I found. They did open two windows at the end of the bay, the woman nearest to them complained she was cold and they shut them again! I'd have pointed out fresh air is essential and if she wanted to catch Covid she'd be wishing she stayed cold.  Actually  I wonder if she was the one who tested positive, as one minute she was too hot, then too cold.  Also...all the nurses wore masks. None of the doctors did. All the nurses washed their hands thoroughly even if they hadn't touched you directly.  None of the doctors did.  

been to see the cat. hes lovely. my friend is keeping till next weekend for lewis as hes away for a few days. she can assess him, get him used to her cats and dogs.

dont feel well, feels like a chest infection coming so not going to the funeral

of course lol

picked up the cat tunnel in the charity shop, no price on it. got to the till, he says if there isnt a price, I cant sell it. I said there is nowhere to put a sticker, how about if I give you a pound for it, he said im not allowed. £2 how about that, money in hand, ok he says. Cant be easy can it lol