UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December at last!

Jazz

Glad your ears are sorted now Eve, and good luck with the move blackmagic.

Owl, this weather doesn't help anyone feel better, that wind goes right through you.  Hope you have plenty of soup and can keep warm.

I went to the hospital today to have a blood test, needed before my CT scan on Monday.  My legs and feet suddenly got really painful and I did something I haven't done for years, had a panic attack and froze to the spot, convinced if I tried to walk I'd fall over.  I felt such a fool, hanging onto the wall. It took me about fifteen minutes to walk from reception to the bloods department! I'm not looking forward to Monday, the CT scan department is about as far away from reception, I'm just going to have to try to convince myself I can do it and hope I'm right.

Suzeanna I am sure you can, but not nice for you. 

Yes, warm here and always well stocked with soup. Managed to do some pasta and sauce yesterday then mushrooms on toast later so getting back to normal eating. 

It's a sunny morning. Wandered to bottom of garden with Wispa, fed birds.

Lovely here today, though cold. We had a wander down to the Christmas market earlier but it was very disappointing with just a handful of stalls. Shops in the high street looked quite busy though.

That must have been very distressing for you Suzeanna. Try to practice some deep breathing techniques over the weekend so you'll at least feel prepared.

Glad you're managing to eat a bit better now Owl.

Hope your move is going well Blackmagic.

Morning all, and a very beautiful one it is here. Sunny and sparkly with frost, but not icy underfoot. We took the dogs to the beach earlier and they had a great time running around. They're all sparko on the sofa now.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Beautiful is definitely not the word for the weather here! Mizzly rain, foggy and cold.  We popped over to see my daughter for an hour, I know we are tier 3 but she's on her own at the moment so we are a bubble! She'd got Candy a little xmas present, a set of red and white leg warmers! Candy hates even having a raincoat on and she definitely wasn't having them! One went on after a lot of struggles then we gave up as the poor dog was getting stressed.  The people next door to her have a couple of cockers and one is smaller and less nervous than Candy, so she's going to offer them over the fence.  

There was a sunny spell this afternoon so we went to the reserve.  My energy is returning faster than I expected now that I am eating my usual foods again.  Van started up first time after standing for 8 days in cold and wet.

• Like 1

It was a nice day here but also ruddy freezing so we stayed at home. I think I pushed it a bit going out yesterday, so rested up and hope we can go tomorrow.

My upstairs front window looks a bit odd by traditional standards. There is a big twinkly star running from batteries, but the scene below it is not very seasonal.  The freesias I planted in pots outside in spring kept their heads down until November, then started coming up. Their only chance was to winter indoors so there is a row of pretty flowers under the star. In charge of the flowers is a rather nice bronze coloured filigree owl 🦉 which my sister gave me for birthday. It has a solar battery thingy to light up. I put it on a fence post in garden but all the resident birds were afraid of it, so it now lives indoors.  Deck the halls with owls and freesias, tralala lala lala lala 🎶

• Haha 1