UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

There was a flurry of activity last night whilst the partner rescues took our details but we've heard nothing since. We think a few prospective homes came forward at the last minute and having heard nowt more I think they have a lot to follow up on. They are all small rescues with no paid staff and, having helped at one, I know how much longer these things take. As I said - if it's meant to happen it will!

I loved London when I lived there and enjoy the odd short visit but there's no way now I'd like to live there or even spend an extended stay. 

It's a lovely crisp frosty day here. 

mobiles ….. I don't want to pay much as I don't go out much. got down to 3. nokia 1 plus, Huawei y6, and sony experia l3. I have the experia l1 now, hope that isn't much difference, but the one with the best reviews is the one I cant say. can get cases for it too. ill ring them when im not fill ofpainkillers

Oooh Jazz, that is a lot to lose, hope your appeal is successful.

You've all been busy since I was away. Had a busy few days in Eastbourne, mostly cleaning my sister's flat! Think she was putting me off visiting as she was ashamed of the squalor she'd let the place get into and got so down she couldn't tackle it. So I've made a start and she's going to try and do a little bit each day to get the rest into shape. Squalor isn't an exaggeration, it really was that bad. Her son and daughter in law would help, as would my cousin, but she won't let them. But she's used to me being the bossy big sister and does what I tell her 😂

Sounds like you had a great time in London Yantan. Glad it went well. And fingers crossed for positive news on the little dog. Even if it doesn't work out at least you know you're ready if the right one comes along.

Was lovely here today, cold but sunny. Much better than the rain down south! Was too weary to do much here after the long drive yesterday but hopefully I'll have some more energy tomorrow lol.

Sorry for those I've missed, hopefully catch up with what you've all been up to

Hope your appeal is successful, Jazz.

Eve, glad the problem was no worse. At least a mess is something you could deal with. 

We celebrated Black Friday by squelching along one of our favourite riverbank paths which has just become accessible again and getting black mud on ourselves. Had fun though. 

The family of the dying man got fed up of waiting and just gave his dog away to someone :(  I do hope he will be OK and that the new home is a loving and caring one.

However one of the rescues trying to find him a home phoned us last night and asked if we would consider a 12 year old bereaved Staffie  as permanent foster instead. His owner died at home and wasn't discovered for a few days and the poor dog was left alone with the body. The family sent him to be PTS but the rescue found out and got him literally at the last minute. He's got separation anxiety but the rescue are working on it with his temporary fosterer. We've said yes after sleeping on it but it's subject to a home check so they know we are who we say we are and our house and garden are dog friendly. 

We weren't planning on having a dog of that age but then that's the trouble, so few people are willing to take an elderly dog on although he is a pretty fit 12 year old and still enjoys a daily walk. Griff has seen his photos so she will confirm he's rather hansum.

Eve you could have stopped off on your way home and tidied our house up! I'm glad you got your sister sorted out. 

It's a cracking day here with blue skies and sun but oh heck it's flippin cold.

I keep seeing older dogs that make me think we should...but I've got to be sensible.  If I manage to keep breathing until Philip retires in 3 years or so it would be ok as he'd be at home to look after it (or them, assuming Candy is still hale and hearty) but if I don't, then Candy is going to be enough of a headache for him without adding another to it. 

Yantan that sounds like a good one to have.  So relieved that the rescue got to him in time. Similar happened to a lady I knew. She had a fatal heart attack and was not found for a week, and someone managed to save her little dog from her uncaring relatives just in time and get the little one back to breeder, where she remained happily for the rest of her life.

Another cold crisp day, after a very hard frost last night. 

• Like 1