UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Ooh My Back, My Belly And My Two Sides

Yantan

Eve,yes...now he is talking to his family again I don't have to bother worrying about him

I was on my way out.... I was heading off to meet my friend for a drink, he is such a lovely guy.....has terminal cancer but is making the best of things. We used to drink together every night but he was forced out of the club we drink in, by the time he is coming out I am heading back to cov to go to my next pub so although we message, it's the first time in a while we have got together

I bet you'll still worry about him anyway, Griff. Sad about your friend but hope he is still finding things to enjoy in life.

I've just read the letter properly that came with my new CAT scan appointment, it says you'll be in the department for 2 hours and because of the contrast, another half an hour after that. Hell's bells! As any of you who've had those scans knows, you have to have your arms up above your head. Even a few minutes of that kills my shoulders, they hurt for ages afterwards. How am I going to manage 2 hours? Dreading it already and it's three weeks away.

Suzeanna... you won't need to keep your arms up that long, if it's like what I had, then you have to drink 2 pints of water, go get into gowns, run through the paperwork and have a cannula put in....I know it's easy to say but try to put it out of your mind for Christmas

Yes...I will always worry about Steve, no clue why.

Might go for a little walk in a bit beings as the sun is out

Lol...I swear I spend half my life trying to work out what I have typed. Fingers crossed for your scan.

I am seeing my consultant 27th, I am thinking of asking if I can stop treatment for a bit...I am so run down and actually beginning to feel a bit depressed..I know I will be o.k but my life is just a mess

Get some rest and let everyone else get on with it. I hope you feel better soon.

Am I the only one who thinks it is good to get a grievance out into the open, but not so good to sit on it for a year and then meet the person for coffee and tear strips off them in a shopping mall where they are not going to make a fuss? It was a misunderstanding which could have been sorted a year ago, and has left me feeling like rubbish.

Owl, that's really not nice... even if it had been left a year and they really felt the need to say something, if they must...fine ( although I think it should be said at the time) but do it privately, I totally agree, sounds like you can do without them

sod em! stuff em! leave em! you dont need that type of person in your life, none of us do. thats why i rarely see my daughter in law. other people wont answer her back, I will!

got the dentist this morning, see what the dogs have done to my teeth when they smacked me under the jaw so my teeth bashed together

love to all

my eyes painful so no doubt wont be able to see properly out of it, so more waffly bollox than normal lol

I am sure the original misunderstanding was caused by grief at the loss of a close mutual friend. That was the one who I visited regularly in hospital for 4 months, which was a long journey. The person I fell out with is her friend and housemate, who felt I had let both her and our late friend down by not helping to sort out all her belongings and papers. I did offer, and she said not at the moment. I thought I had made it clear that I would help if asked, but obviously I did not. Then because I did not offer again, she assumed I did not care and could not be bothered so she started being cold and unfriendly. This resulting in me staying clear. We met up because she had some books to return which our late friend had borrowed from me. She sounded on the phone as if she really wanted to see me, and even offered me one of friend's books which she thought I might like, but I already have that one so I thanked her and declined. Then once we were face to face and daughter was absent for a few minutes she let fly. The original misunderstanding is something that can be sorted, but not the situation yesterday. I wanted to go home but it would have upset the daughter if I had done that so we ended up having a cup of tea together which was very uncomfortable. I have decided to leave it until the new year and then politely explain that I will not stay in contact with anyone who has a go at me in public.

• Like 1