UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

Lol Yantan, it's a nightmare isn't it? So many nice things, I get stuff sometimes for my cousin's kids over in Ireland, Primark have stuff for £1 sometimes and it's really beautiful stuff...so, would be rude to leave it.

Steve and i decided it was a good job neither of us has kids today as we would have spent a bomb at the market lol. They had some shady Ralph Lauren jumpers and they were really nice but I didn't bother as you can guarantee it will shrink

• Like 1

morning all. some *naughty word* people let fireworks off close by as we got into bed so jerry spent the night under the bed. she hasn't been able to use her back leg for a few days, but now hasn't the energy to balance. I put a thick coat on her last night as she was shivering so much. its still on but shes shaking all the time now.

I know its her time, shes told me that. doesn't make it any easier. she will be spoilt today

Big hugs to you Jazz. Spoil Jerry rotten.

Cooper doesn't like pipes and drums lol. The bands all meet in the car park down the road from us prior to the Armistice parade and they started practicing as we were nearing. He's heard bagpipes before but not at such close quarters. That was the end of the walk and we got home in double quick time in case the screechy monster was after us.

We had some fireworks late night so I was typing away one handed with Wispa curled up in other arm, helping out on our local lost and found group. Someone had caught a pup on the run, thankfully chipped so got home quickly.

The Highland great pipes would be a bit much for any dog not used to them. I like them but they are best heard on the other side of a loch from where you are standing.

Edited by owl

I hope Jerry passes quickly and easily. Run free little one.

Owl, I hope Wispa's problem is not serious.

One of my goldens was terrified of pipers. It was not the noise but the tassels on the top of the pipes swinging about.

Living in the countryside my dogs don't come across scary things like pipes and fireworks. Low flying aircraft are a different matter.

One was so low Murphy ducked when it went over.

They use our strath for low flying practice.

George and Archie were/are frightened of any noisy bangs, even someone throwing something into a skip and making a clang was enough to set them all a jitter. Strangely though neither of them were bothered by low flying jets. We get loads of them here as it's a good area to practice among the fells and lakes. Some of them would fly just a few hundred feet about our heads with great sonic booms and neither of them turned a hair.

Archie had awful acid reflux yesterday, I think the new tablets caused it, it was worse than his usual bout of acid and he was crying and whimpering. I daren't give him any more. He is better off with wonky legs than having to suffer that again. He has had a short walk this morning and is now sound asleep on his sofa.

Awwwww no, poor Archie, hope he feels better soon

Don't know if I should be feeling narked or flattered, Steve's crazy ex has dyed her hair the same colour as mine.....again!this is the second time she has done this, I dyed it mahogany before and 2 days later she did the same....I don't think she grasps that although she may try to look like me, she could never be me...I am nice and she isn't lol

I am a bit confused why she insists on copying my hair colour, I would hope Steve is bright enough not to go back there and he doesn't like me for the way I look ( I am an odd looking person lol) he is my mate and likes me because i am kind and funny

We had a much longer late afternoon walk than usual. It was meant to be a circular walk but we had got nearly all the way round when I realised that one of her leads which was slung round my neck had fallen somewhere. So we had to retrace our steps all the way round to pick it up. Hi vis yellow so easily seen. Wispa was in good form and running around. We saw a pair of short eared owls, the first spotted on our reserve this winter.