UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

I hope Rub is none the worse for her accident.

Dashcams are becoming an essential piece of equipment. Many are now installing rear view ones as well. So many people don't stop, deny it happened or give a different version of what happened when it comes to reporting it to the insurance company.

We reported an elderly gent who was driving at 30 miles an hour in the middle of the road and pulling in and stopping when something came the other way. Jim gave the police the dash cam footage as we followed him along the road.

It turned out with the medication he was taking he should not be driving. The policeman said that he was taking was frightening. He had told his doctor he was having dizzy spells and he just changed his medication.

He was 82 and so deaf the police had to contact his daughter and speak to her.

The old man was horrified when the police explained his driving to him. He had driven passed a high school where the kids wander down the middle of the road, as they do, in groups, taking np notice of the traffic. e immediately offered to give up his licence but the police were following it up and if he didn't they would report him to the court to get it removed.

It was a shame because , living up here life is difficult without a car h=when there is no or sporadic public transport but he really was a liability on the road.

Nothing worse than having a hair style you don't like, Owl.

My last dallie went senile. He didn't realise he needed to poo until it was happening then he would try to et outside, bless him. He used to stare at a picture on the wall or a spot on the wall. There are medications and supplements that can help- Aktivait, Selgian. Vivitonin. and there is a new one now I think. What works for one doesn't for another so it can be trial and error. Speak to your vet.

Ruby is Ok. She is being very philosophical about things now. As before, with it being a company car, she will just fill in the report that fleet supply and let them take it all over from there.

Owl you should let the shower gel manufacturer know - they might want to use it in their marketing campaigns :laughingsmiley:

Hope you are feeling better Jazz.

blackmagic that's a cautionary tale indeed.

Archie has been to the vets and had his boosters. There have cases of parvo around here and, as we no longer get out in the wilds but use the park, the wood at the top of the road and the old railway line were many other dogs go, the vet thought it best for Arch to have his jab.We are going to try a different medication .to help his wobbly back legs as he can't tolerate Loxicom. They had none in stock so are getting some sent from head office in Cockermouth later today. He's down to 12.5kg, mainly from muscle loss. He used to weight a little under 14kg at his peak.

Awwwww, bless Archie, diesel lost the plot a bit, we had her on selgian...it wasn't for ling as I lost her quickly...we have had similar issues with dex cat, he is 20 and has mishaps...obvs cat per stinks and on a carpet... ooooo not good! We don't say anything to my dad as he wouldn't put up with it but we are happy to clean up and it's not his fault

Yantan, I sent Original Source a message on their Facebook page.

It is actually Mint and Tea Tree, so it may be that combination which repels meeces. It does more than that, as a few accounts of using it went viral. It is described as tingly, but in fact it is a bit too tingly for the more delicate parts of both sexes. Some people have written witty accounts of showers which proved to be far too exciting. I showered with it once, washed it off very fast indeed, and relegated it to foot soak only where it is pleasantly refreshing.

• Like 1

Lol...owl, you should look on Amazon for the reviews...I read some about hair remover and it's obe of the best laughs I have had ever! I too struggle with mint shower gel, I had superdrug own and it wasn't for me!

At last, the sun has come out...I am not budging though, I might skulk back off to bed and snuggle in my quilt

Don't believe it, Steve and his neighbour contacted the housing association to see if they would be fitting new kitchens, they were told no.. deffo not in the near future. He took Molly out, came back to find a letter saying they are coming out on Tuesday to do a survey....I have just paid for Jasper conran tiles , and tile paint for his cupboard and he did it all and that was in July I think...his neighbour also painted her cupboards at the same time, I am livid...they are going to remove designer tiles and put up cheap crap! I have said he should get more tiles and ask them to fit those instead of the rubbish they supply

my friend rung the council to ask if the places were being pulled down. no not in the near future. he had a new kitchen fitted, 6 months later got a letter they were being pulled down

im feeling a bit better, but sticking to hot juice