UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

Eve I figured you were doing something like that. Well done on pulling it all together and it's brill that your dad has taken to it all so well.

Griff we've tried all sorts, even down to Ruby sitting in it. She said it was very comfortable and she'll have it if he doesn't want it. He's lain beside it and put his paws on it whilst he's had a kip but otherwise he is just so suspicious of it. I hope you soon feel a bit better mate.

• Like 1

How fantastic Eve, the gods of fortune were obviously smiling on you and your dad!

Yantan, is the bed big enough to put his other bed inside? Coax him on like that?

Griff, I actually know exactly what those initials stand for, it does sound as if there's no flare up but still you need the pain sorting, hope you soon feel better.

Archie is back on his sofa and very happy about it.

Ruby was in Booths supermarket this morning (it's a northern group) and picked up a free book of their Christmas produce. OMG we were salivating over it! Upshot was we ended up ordering about a £110's worth of food for collection on Dec 22nd. And I'll still have to get a Tesco delivery!

I was at a Trail with Eileen from Trailhound Welfare and her husband who was running his Trailie, Matty. We all stood at the end shouting him in (and he won!) and another trailer said he was going to complain to the Houndtrail committee because Matty had an unfair advantage having brought his fan club with him. It was all said with a wink and a smile. Matty enjoyed tea and cake afterwards which was his treat for winning.

• Like 2

Gotcha! Having been most frustrated by our inability to catch a fat but nimble mouse who dances along counters like a tiny Jack Sparrow, he fell unexpectedly into a trap last night, one of the big metal multi mouse ones which they totally ignored. I had packed the traps away in a carrier bag and tied the handles, but this one decided to eat his way in. There was no bait there and I suspect he literally fell in by mistake. Away to the woods this morning to release him into undergrowth, much to the amusement of a passing dog walker. We will now see if others remain.

I have found out why the little things love my kitchen. 2 small packs of dog treats, the kind you get as samples with magazines, had been discovered and dragged behind a fish tank and eaten at leisure. Now that the treats have gone the mouse or mice were searching for other food. None is accessible so they ate an oven glove and a padded jiffy bag.

For the first time I feel that victory is possible.

• Like 4

Glad you seem to winning the battle of the mice, Owl. I must confess I rather like them, we used to have fancy mice as pets. Not very hygienic in the kitchen though!

I've been cursing the wireless thermostat for our new boiler to hell and back, I followed all the instructions and set up a schedule for it to start and stop at various times and would it? Would it heck! Anyway, I was just telling Hottie (you can name the thermostat for the benefit of the app) that if she didn't behave she was going out of the window and lo and behold, she just turned on the heating. It was about 40 minutes late but hey, I'll take it. It will be interesting to see if it turns off again when it should.

• Like 1

i cant get that these things do as you say, whatever accent you have

ive got subtitles on the tv. its funny when its a live show, so they are typing the subtitles as quick as they can. on strictly, he was saying if you see my door open, close it. it came up as sexual bush lol

• Like 2