UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Harvest Festival Of Sharing

Yantan

A friend of mine told me rodents don't like peppermint oil.. apparently you pop it in a cotton wool ball where they are coming in. I used no more big gaps and sealed all the gaps in the kitchen, told my neighbour to do the same but she declined and still has a mouse problem

Tried peppermint oil but made no difference. Have sealed various gaps around pipes but there is a problem with some of the fitted units. There is a gap at the back, up at the top, and mice zooming along the water pipe can get into units that way. Needs some serious carpentry to sort it out. Will find out when Pete can find a day to do it.

So far the table is still safe as it has a central pedestal instead of 4 legs. Even the most agile mouse cannot run upside down. As long as I leave chairs away from table when not being sat on, they have no way up.

• Like 1

Got TV licence sorted by phone. I get free licence from first day of month in which I turn 75, which was not made clear on website.

Coming back to obsessions, mine has always been with beetles, ever since I was a toddler. An ex partner, many years ago, said an attraction towards what he called the lower forms of life showed that I was not spiritually advanced. What a wally. Beetles were more fun to talk to than he was. Eventually I found the sense to beetle off.

• Like 3

It's a lovely frosty morning here. Archie and I have had a walk around the block (well several blocks actually) and he managed OK. He had his Equafleece jumper on and looked very smart.

We are hoping his new bed turns up today.

I love Dormice Owl though I have never seen a real live one. Didn't the Romans used to eat them?

Griff what's up pet?

Morning all, sorry to be AWOL for so long, been rushing around like a loonie sorting things out for my Dad. I'd been looking at homes up here to transfer him to and found a nice one just 5 minutes from me and they had a vacancy. He was happy enough where he was but I was dreading doing 1000 mile round trip to see him every month, especially during the winter months and was worried I was being selfish. Anyway, I talked it over with my sister and cousin and they agreed it would be a good move for him having me near by and there's more family members up in Scotland who can also visit him. So I booked a private ambulance and got him up to his new home and he settled in right away. What a relief! I've seen him every day and his beloved grandson has been to see him twice already which has brightened him up so much. I was so worried I was doing the wrong thing and he'd be confused and upset but he absolutely isn't. I can't believe how quickly I managed to get it all done either but everything just clicked into place, so everything crossed it was meant to be.

I've been checking in on you all but was too frazzled to take it in properly and write a reply. I'll go and read back properly now and catch up with all your news. I did spot that Griff's in pain so hope that's easing off a bit for you, Archie's ignoring his new bed, Owl's mice are laughing at her and that Jazz is becoming a loo roll hoarder :D

Hope you all have a great day :luvlove:

• Like 1