UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

We have various pigeons and doves vist the garden Griff, one pigeon is huge, when he lands on the ornamental arch the whole thing dips! He's not very bright though, I throw some seeds on the floor as well as in the feeders, and he goes through amazing acrobatics trying to get it out of the feeder, while the white doves are picking it off the ground and giving him pitying looks!

You know your problem Owl, your mind is telling you that you can still do things and your body is saying What? You must be ruddy joking!

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Our visiting pigeons make me laugh. They aren't very bright. The rooks that come though are clever. I love watching all the birds, they are often better entertainment than the telly!

Well my sore leg turns out to be sciatica! I've to go to physio but the first appt, wasn't until Sept 14th but I took it anyway. It might have worn off before then but who knows. I have had this for about 6 weeks to date.

Having been told I cannot damage myself more with walking, and in fact it's good to keep as mobile as possible, I took Archie for a walk on the old railway line. Cor I didn't half know about it afterwards but knowing what is causing the pain makes me feel much better about it.

Wow, miss a day and your all writing like mad.

Had a 12 hour day out yesterday so having a lazy day today.

We left home at 8'30 am yesterday to drop the dogs off at the kennels for the day. We were going to be in Inverness all day and when I booked it we had the heatwave so didn't want to be leaving them in the car.

When we dropped them off . although they were booked in overnight , when Graham found out we were going to Inverness he suggested we just pick the dogs up on the way home. Although he officially closes at 6pm he said he was happy for us to pick them up up to 8pm as that is when he shuts the kennels up.

We knew we wouldn't make 6pm which would mean leaving Inverness before 4pm , but we did manage to make 7.40pm so that saved us having to go and get them this morning. If you pick them up before 11am he doesn't charge for that day so it would have been £17 for one day/night but he since it was 'day care' he only charged us £10.

As it happened it wasn't hot but it meant we did not have to worry about where we parked and letting the dogs out regularly. I also feel Murphy gets a bit stiff being cooped up in the car for too long.

However, it meant we left at 8.30am and got home at 8.30pm.

Like the rest of us I don't have any long time friends. I had two good friends when at work but one emigrated to New Zealand and the other retired and contact died out.

My friends along the way have been doggy friends but once I stopped training and showing again we all moved on.

Currently I have friends in the agility group I go to but none are strong friends.

But l too enjoy my own company. I don't make friends easily. I tend to sit on the sidelines, watching.

I think that is why this forum suits us. We can join in as much or as little as we want and gradually get to know each other. there is no pressure.

I take a long time to open up to people and make conversation unlike my sister. When she visited up we had our neighbours in to celebrate Jim's 70the birthday. She found out more about our neighbours than we knew after living here for 9 years.

She only asked them how long they had lived here and got their life stories.

She always says people just tell her things.

She had an electrician fixing her fire one day and he told her all about his messy divorce he was going through.

One of my cousins has alcohol addiction and mental health problems and she is the one he reaches out to when he needs to talk.

I too have no time for soaps. Jim used to say if you watched Coronation Street once every 6 months you could keep up with the story.

Owl, I think you are sensible to curtail your hikes over 5 bar gates. Sometimes we just need to listen to our bodies.

I can sympathise with you over sciatica , Yantan. I had it from my back for 9 months then I got a seized muscle which had the same effect. the forst time I couldnlt drive as I had reduced lower in my right leg which affected braking.

Nowadays it is definitely advice to keep moving without overdoing it.

There are videos on youtube showing you exercises for sciatica. I still have the ones my doctor and the physio gave me. I can send them to you if you would like.

My physio said it is okay to hurt when exercising as long as it was no more the level 5 with 1 low and 10 worst pain ever.

I can do most things now without pain but sometimes suffer for it the next day but seem to be able to manage it now.

I can't lift anything that means exerting more pressure than lifting easily without feeling it the next day. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Like 1

Hope you get some relief with the exercises, Yantan.

My back is bad again, I can't sleep for more than 3 hours a night, and now just to add to it, I've got several very sore spots in my mouth and my tongue feels as if I've drunk something too hot. Looked it up, and yes it's a known side effect of the Letrozole. I've made an appointment with a doctor for Friday afternoon, I need sleeping pills and stronger painkillers. If I can't get them, or I do and they don't work, they can stick their Letrozole where the sun don't shine! I'm not putting up with this, with no guarantee it will even stop the cancer spreading. I'd rather take my chances. Sorry for the gloom. (btw, why are all my smilies etc greyed out?)

They started drilling next door at 7.15am...i hammered on the wall effing and blinding... nothing, in the end I screamed out the window at the bloke as he went to the car, they were there yesterday and left at 11am, I have had enough now... don't care if they have to sit and do nothing, they are in business and should know that they can't drill and hammer until after 8am

• Like 2

Suzeanna as my doctor says "if the side effects outweigh the benefits then its not worth taking the medicine".

Griff that's not on. Grrrrr.

Well today Ruby leaves for her surgery date tomorrow. I am taking her to the station in Carlisle and she's getting a train over to Newcastle at 3.45.