UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Marion...yes England tonight, it 6.15 coverage starts I think. We have made it to the next round anyway and according to Steve coming second is the easier route ( who knows lol)

I really hope Monday can give you both some answers

• Like 1

Poor Ruby, Waiting is horrible. You just want to get on with it.

When Jim saw the surgeon in mid December he was told surgery would be as soon as possible. It was scheduled for mid January , which included the Xmas holidays, although other events took over.

When I had a biopsy for breast cancer I was told if it was positive it would be 2 weeks. Fortunately, it was negative.

We have had a mere 29 degrees today. I have been weeding the garden. I didn't think there were many weeds but I wanted to catch them before any rain came. The more I pulled out the more I found.

Everything is so dry. One of my trees is shrivelling up. I have watered it but it doesn't seem to be making any difference.

The tar on the roof of the Glasgow Science Centre is melting and running down the sides.

Yesterday police had to break into a car in Fife to rescue a dog. My dogs usually go everywhere with us and are quite used to being in the car- they just lie and sleep- but I would never leave them in the car in this weather. It is madness. They barely go outside when it is so hot. They come to life a 10pm when it gets cooler.

• Like 1

Blackmagic, my dogwood tree did that the other year...all the leaves turned brown and fell off!! I googled it and it turned out the soil may have been lacking something (I forget what I bought but I know it was dead cheap) watered it with a solution of this stuff and it came back to life

I try not to take the dogs anywhere in the heat...not until around 8.30, I used to hate going training in the summer as it was always so damn hot. In all honesty if I saw a dog in the car suffering I would just put the window in...I could live with having to pay for a new window... would be a tw@t and pay in 2ps though! But couldn't live with watching a dog suffer or die...my dad did it before and we would all do it again if needs be

• Like 1

Helicopter hard at work on Saddleworth Moor. They are still battling the blaze, with 3 or 4 soldiers allocated to assist each firefighter. It could go on burning for days unless they get a downpour, but no rain forecast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/headlines/44645677/helicopters-help-fight-fire-near-saddleworth-moor

I went to the reserve today, did the polytunnels and left the irrigation system on in the raised veggie beds. Then sloped off up to the north end of the reserve and parked car under a big tree. Walked Wispa for 10 mins in woodland and that was enough. We dozed in the shade until it was time to go back and turn the water off. The parts of the reserve which don't have lakes are in a bad way. Young hazel trees are dying off. Apart from dragonflies the insects are not doing as well as they should because flowers are not doing well.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

blackmagic I read that as you were weeing in the garden! And why are the weeds in my garden thriving in this heatwave but everything else is wilting??

Griff I HAVE put a car window in to get a dog out. It was a lot of years ago but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I can't believe people are still locking dogs in cars in this heat after all the warnings over the years. The RSPCA tweeted an excuse they got from one owner whose overheated dog they had to rescue from a car which was "but my dog is white so the heat doesn't affect him the same". Unfeckinbelivable!

Lol...what blackmagic does in her own garden is her choice Marion!! Lol

I swear there are people on this planet who should not be allowed access to a bloody fish let alone a dog!! I don't think I would have not been able to punch them for that comment

You remembered to put the footie on Marion??

Owl... sounds a nice way to spend some time, watering plants and snoozing in the shade

• Like 1

That's annoying about the private thing..we do have a choice round here, if you go to Sheffield there are several private hospitals. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning, I have an appointment at 11.20 for haematology. Thing is, it's in the nice new Macmillan Centre, where all cancer types are shuffled off to. It looks very nice and bright BUT who the hell thought floor to ceiling glass, with no blinds, and no aircon, was a good idea for the waiting area of a cancer clinic? I was there to see the oncologist a few weeks back and it was hot in there then, with the outside temperature nothing like it is now! I overheat quickly and badly, I sweat very little and don't regulate my temperature, so I get a banging head, start feeling faint and sick if I can't cool off quickly. I've never had to wait less than half an hour past my appointment time and it's often longer, I don't think I'll survive.

I don't have them very often lol. Seriously though, I don't think they would want you to pass out as you may really hurt yourself, the other thing you can do is ask how late they are running/how many in front of you and work on the basis of 10mins a patient

Good luck today Suzeanna.

I have a couple of little portable rechargeable fans that I take out and about with me and they are a lifesaver! Too late for today but you might find one is useful anyway

This is one

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Handheld-Electric-Portable-Rechargeable/dp/B01FJSJ2QK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530264662&sr=8-3&keywords=portable+fan+handheld

and the other is this one, which is the better of the two although they both more than satisfactory

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Rechargeable-Protable-Handheld-Traveling/dp/B07352KD2Y/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1530264647&sr=8-25&keywords=portable+fan+handheld

Ruby got an NHS appointment notification in the post today for the 10th July with a urologist.

Still very hot today. Archie and I are staying put.

Griff yes I watched the England match last night. We've just had a new telly delivered so we can watch further England games (hopefully them in the final!) and upcoming Wimbledon in 4K HDR. The sound on our current tv is getting really sketchy and it doesn't keep up as well with connections to Netflix and Prime.

• Like 1