UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Sunny here but very cold.

We have run out of bird seed. The delivery hasn't come in to the shop we use so we need to go and try somewhere else.

The birds are enjoying some fat balls meantime.

Today is Jim's birthday. Last year he had his operation on 16th. He was moved from ICU to high dependency after 24 hours and the nurses in HD noticed it was his birthday so arranged for a birthday cake for him. I got a photograph of him propped up with numerous tubes in, with the cake and the nurses around him. He managed one bite of the cake and the nurses had the rest for their teabreak.

A lot had happened in the last year.

Freezing cold here too, but only light flurries of snow and it's not settling. Hope it stays that way as we're off to France tomorrow.

Yantan, there wasn't a brand name on the sausages. They were from the farm shop and just said made by our own butcher on the label. We'll stock up on some on the road back. Thanks for the offer :flowers:

Happy birthday to Jim. Hope it's a happier one this year

• Like 1

We had snow overnight so woke up to a winter wonderland. It's fast receding now but it's bitterly cold with that wind that's blowing.

Eve, hope you get over to France OK and can stock up on sossidge on your way home :jammin: My favourite maker of Cumberland sossidge is Cranston's and they have a lovely shop just as you go into Penrith coming off the M6.

I have to be in the mood for sauages. don't like them herby. we used Richmond in tescos coffee shop, people always asked hat brand they were so they could by them. we have a sausage shop on the edge of town, they are lovely