UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Hope the interview went well Nige. When will you hear?

We have a visiting dog here too. Eliot who is a Beauceron, a kind of French Doberman, and a gorgeous boy. He is the only one who can get Honey out on a walk without the others so I'm grateful to him lol. We had a lovely walk over the farmlands this morning and Honey had a good run around with him. He's a bit of a free spirit who wanders around here there and everywhere and although we're in a quiet village I do wonder how he's survived unscathed as he's no road sense and just crosses roads whether there's traffic or not.

Griff, that's so unfair on Steve, hope he manages to get a few days leave booked together. Why on earth would Iceland put the turnstile in? Seems bizarre and hope you get an answer from them.

Hope you manage to have a peaceful Easter Yantan. That's the downside of living in a beautiful part of the country. And why we're in France just now and will be again at the end of July and into August. We live in a gorgeous part of Scotland but there's times when it's spoilt by other people lol

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

I saw what you did there Owl and it's got me chuckling. I wonder what the rationale was behind Iceland installing the barriers. It would stop me going in because, being a big bird, I would fear getting stuck with all the embarrassment that would follow

The idiots are in town in volume. Some of the parking is atrocious, blocking drop down pavements, junctions, on the pavements, partially across access lanes and peoples drives. The police won't do anything about it because they haven't time, although if they get direct complaints they will ticket some who then write to the local paper saying what abominable treatment they got here, do you know how much money they spent in the town and this is their last visit. I wish I could say "yay, that's one less" but they will be back.

There is a long term private scheme to bring the railway back to town. I do hope it becomes reality one day as it might encourage some people to leave their cars at home.

I've already had to point out to some visitors this morning that they had off-lead dogs in the top end of the park where they should be on leads. They all say "oh I never saw the signs" and then had to tell another to pick up after his dog - and provide the bag for him to do so! I also picked up after another dog on the way home who had left a parcel. Owner and dog were no where in sight however.

Eve you have the right idea! I'm wishing we'd booked a cottage somewhere away from the madness. Next time you go to France perhaps you could pick us up on the way :laughingsmiley:

• Like 1

Yantan, heading back here mid July. If you're up for it we'll deinitely pick you up on the way down. Plenty room here and though our dogs are loonies they get on with all other dogs and would be gentle with Archie. Get him a pet passport and you're on.

Getting a bit lost with your situation Jazz. Which dogs are coming tomorrow?

Nah, Suzeanna, you can't compare anyone's situation with yours. It's unique to you and regardless of age or circumstance each one is just as important.

• Like 2

Totally agree with Eve, whilst you probably think it is unfair for a little one to lose her sight i am sure she will adapt and overcome..i think given everything you have gone through you are pretty damn awesome xx

Jazz, so they are expecting just to drop 2 dogs on you without having confirmed it?? oooo that's not right

Eve, what a lovely offe

IMG-20180331-WA0002_zpselc2einb.jpeg

Edited by griff

2 old blind dogs are supposed to be coming. been booked since the beginning of the month, but I keep asking for confirmed times and dates, they have just said its still on. had a go that they haven't told me when tomorrow, she said earlier today 'we are volunteers with work, family etc, you have to be patient, they arnt due till the 1st and I have to pick them up and bring them to you'.

I said I fully understand, but I'm sure you would like me in when you bring them TOMORROW

she hasn't answered that

Those colours look great Griff, you will get a real lift from your room, no one could be glum with that rainbow around...and if you think I'm awesome, then that makes you superhuman!

We are going out for lunch tomorrow with my daughter and her husband, late Mothering Sunday treat as she was on a cruise on the actual date. It'll be nice not having to cook.

Jazz, i do appreciate they are volunteers but as you say, you need to ensure you are in...it is easter sunday after all, people go to church, go visiting family and friends etc

Awwww, how lovely Suzeanna..i am sure you will be more appreciative of it now...no need to cook, a day of being spoilt...fantastic

I need to start tidying up now.....dreading it, i have sooooooo much stuff and nowhere to put it and i have got 15 whopping great big black sacks of stuff already to get shot of, i still kept stuff from my flat and i won't be needing it so i am getting shot of it all, want to do it all properly and then i won't need to worry again

Thanks everyone it went well but me being picky it could have gone better too, they are seeing a couple of others before making a decision so I have yet to hear back, have another this afternoon too.

Alabama rot is here in Cheshire there has been a case reported, also I bumped into a lady with her dog I hadn't seen in about 3 years, she has a german short haired pointer. He was suspected of Alabama rot as his paw was weeping and bleeding with no obvious wound etc, they ended up amputating the leg as it wouldn't stop and he is fine now.

I might be heading to the lakes in a month or two for a short break with Cliffy, which town were you talking about Marion as I don't want to add to the problems you have with grockles up there :biggrin: