UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

Looking forward to another tale from Owl :)

Uuurggghhh it's a horrible day here weather wise. It was lashing it down when Archie and I went for our walk although we were both togged up in wet weather gear. It's stopped now but it's gone colder, windier and the skies are very grey. Oh I spoke too soon. It's sleeting now. Wonder if it will change to snow?

Hope everyone else is keeping snug and dry.

Hi everyone, interesting day yesterday but will tell about it later. Off out now to count Notts wildlife trust sheep, dotted around the reserves. Hope all present and correct this time. Very hard to count as the little blighters keep jumping about and they all look much the same to me.

don't fall asleep :laughingsmiley:

Hi Jazz, I have had some health issues to deal with in the last 12 months but hopefully that is behind me now. Cliffy is well just mostly blind due to cataracts and old age, he turned 16 a couple months ago

Chill out Tuesday :) The dogs are out with the dogwalkers this morning so usually means a quietish afternoon as they're worn out.

Sunny and cold here today. Snowed heavily most of yesterday then lashed with rain all night so it's all gone now.

Have fun counting sheep Owl, hope it doesn't send you to sleep lol. Look forward to your interesting tale.

Had a nice mooch around town earlier, didn't buy anything apart from some suet blocks for the birds. Supposed to be looking for a dress for a 'do' we're going to in a few weeks but I couldn't be bothered. I very rarely go out, never mind go to posh affairs so I have no decent clothes. My idea of dressing up these days is wearing clean jeans :laughingsmiley:

Glad your health issues are behind you Nigel. Gentle squidges to Cliffy.

Edited by eve

Awww Cliff xx please you are doing o.k Nigel

Haha Suzeanna, have brothel creepers you can borrow if you like, lovely for people to have the wedding they like

Crikey, I walk the dogs in dresses and high heels in summer if we are on the pavement, or a dress and trainers on the field. If I am going out properly it isn't often people see me in the same dress twice

Another cold day here. Archie and I had a nice walk, he was wearing his Equafleece tank top and I was in layers plus scarf and gloves. The frost has since given way to sleet and it looks like it's going to turn to rain.

I wish my Lilan Beckwith book would arrive as its the sort of weather to hunker down for a good read. Maybe tomorrow.

I wonder if Owl fell asleep counting the sheep as she's not been back!

Really cold here too, and we keep getting flurries of snow. My daughter and her husband are off to Manchester today, staying overnight to get a flight tomorrow with Cathay Pacific, going to Australia where they are joining a cruise spending a day in Singapore and one in Bali, I think. They'll be away a month in total. I, on the other hand, have an appointment with the lymphedema clinic at 12 today, the GP tomorrow at 1.30 to check my blood pressure, and three appointments for various things at the hospital next week. I think I know who's going to have the best time!

Did not fall asleep counting the sheep but it was such an awful day weatherwise that I was shattered. All sheep present and correct and not one was lame, which says a lot for our shepherdess who is very proactive with foot care. 4 small flocks on various reserves were quick to deal with, but the big flocks at Newstead were harder. We had to count 126 Herdwicks which sounds easy enough, but not when they are milling around flocking together and then regrouping, in between mugging us for more sheep nuts. Another field had 77 Hebrideans all bouncing around in a seething jet black mass of wool.

I find that adverse weather conditions tire me out far more easily these days Owl. You did very well to count the sheep. I don't think I'd like to try doing that. Of course my own name here Yantan is taken from my local dialect method of counting sheep as yan is 1 and tan is 2. Tethera is 3, methera 4.

More here for anyone interested https://www.omniglot.com/language/numbers/celtic2.htm

I suppose you should be grateful you don't have to do it too often, Owl. Yantan, I did know that but I don't know where I read it.

My arm is slightly bigger than it was so they've measured me up for another compression sleeve. She asked what colour, and was running through taupe (yuck!) caramel (nope!) black (not sure) then she said magenta and I said I'd have that. They beamed and said good for you, you're the first lady to be adventurous! I told them I have to wait until next Tuesday for the results of my biopsy and have been told that in the event of possible active cancer, I should stop doing the exercises for lymphedema that I have been doing, as it can spread things. Now, why didn't they tell me that at the hospital? They knew I was attending the lymph clinic, surely they should have said something?

Yay Suzeanna!!!! you go girl!!!!!! bright and cheery not dull and dreary Lol

Owl, pleased you managed to count the sheep and all were where they were meant to be

well Yantan i have learnt something new!

been and got bread, Steve is in Yardley doing his yearly driver assessment...he is acing it, he got there an hour early so wasn't happy and will be there until he reckons four, he left home at 6 and i fear he will ht the traffic on the way home, i offered to go take molly out but said he didn't think he would be long...errr yeah that turned out well, i hope she hasn't had a mishap when he gets in