UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

You need a big plastic bubble to keep you safe Jazz!

FIREWORKS - please read if you want something done about them:

If anyone has a mind too please write/contact your MP to ask them to attend the debate on fireworks that will be held on 29th January 2018. It would help if you have a firework phobic dog/animals to let them know how your pets suffer when the damned things are being let off. Also, if it causes you or anyone you know distress then let them know this as well as the number of times fireworks are being let off in your area and at what times of the day.

If I recall correctly the amendments made 10 or more years ago to the laws governing fireworks were that, other than bonfire night/diwali/NYE, they should not be let off after 10pm at any other time. It is also an offence to let them off in a public place i.e the street. As we all know these laws are regularly ignored. The MP's need to know and understand this. Be prepared for replies that might state things like "the latest amendments too the firework regulations should be enough" or "I feel we do not need further action for what are minor infractions and misuse of the current legislation". Try and pre-empt that sort of answer by telling them that it is more serious than that and, as I mentioned before, outlining your own experiences. You could call for an outright ban on anything other than organised displays or for all fireworks to be of the silent type (although they still make a "whooshing" sound which some very sensitive animals will still react too) or just leave it that you want more robust legislation and/or policing.

Here's a link to find your MP and you can actually contact them via this site too https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/ Thanks folks!

That's me lot.

Yantan, is that your own work or copied from somewhere? I would like to crosspost.

• Like 1

Yantan, is that your own work or copied from somewhere? I would like to crosspost.

I wrote it myself blackmagic. Please feel free to crosspost & I would be really glad if you do:)

We have the usual grey overcast skies that seem to be more our norm than anything else. On the bright side at least it's not raining - yet!