UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

Ours were insured with Tesco, we never had any issues with them paying out. They paid out for Charlies cruciate £2.5k, Teds spinal tumour (bill £3.5k, but we only had £2.5k Vets fees on the policy, but they paid the full £2.5k) Teds tummy £700 ish, Teds eye and other tummy issues £500. They have never quibbled anything.

Hope your hand is sorted now Jazz :flowers:

• Like 1

A friend who is a vet nurse has her dog insured with Tesco and is happy with them. Her dog has allergies and they paid for all his tests.

I had Murphy ( 12 years) insured with them last year but his renewal premium in April was doubled. If i took an online quote it came out the same as I had been paying. I had not claimed anything.

However, I switched to another company who matched that premium. I wasn't prepared to give Tesco my business.

I cannot claim for Murphy's pre existing conditions anyway- dew claw removal after accident, removal of a wart and a couple of lumps all done when he was insured by AXA but were only slightly above the excess so not worth claiming. So changing is not a problem.

I like to have the security of cover available if he should develop something ongoing but can shop around in the meantime.

We do have Tesco motor insurance and they were very good when we wrote off our car and the premiums have been good. The premium actually went down the next year despite the write off claim which seemed odd.

• Like 1

Jazz I hope you went and got sorted out.

Thanks Jayne and blackmagic. I think my bro is being a bit numb over the insurance as he seldom bothers reading anything properly. They have claimed quite a lot for Taz as he's had x-rays and a number of tests for his digestive problems. Tesco paid out for those but didn't pay out for the prescription food which ran into the hundreds. My bro seems to think that Tesco won't pay out any more on this condition but it doesn't sound right to me. They haven't claimed a £1000 to date. However they are at the vets every few weeks and it's between £50 and a £100 plus every visit. I think my bro is thinking each of these are new claims rather than an ongoing claim.

He's great if you need anything built, repaired, put together, decorated etc. but this sort of thing throws him. It's his first dog too so he's not very experienced. Because our mum died when we were young we were brought up in different households - me with my grandparents, who were long time dog owners, and my bro with my dad and step-mum where they had no pets.

honey absolutely freaked at the vets. lewis took her for her check up, he hadnt seen her that scared, so not going to take her again, or insure her. the vet couldnt check her over

i didnt go. so low i cant go and have them mess me about.

Why is he not going to insure her again?

Jazz I hope you went and got sorted out.

Thanks Jayne and blackmagic. I think my bro is being a bit numb over the insurance as he seldom bothers reading anything properly. They have claimed quite a lot for Taz as he's had x-rays and a number of tests for his digestive problems. Tesco paid out for those but didn't pay out for the prescription food which ran into the hundreds. My bro seems to think that Tesco won't pay out any more on this condition but it doesn't sound right to me. They haven't claimed a £1000 to date. However they are at the vets every few weeks and it's between £50 and a £100 plus every visit. I think my bro is thinking each of these are new claims rather than an ongoing claim.

He's great if you need anything built, repaired, put together, decorated etc. but this sort of thing throws him. It's his first dog too so he's not very experienced. Because our mum died when we were young we were brought up in different households - me with my grandparents, who were long time dog owners, and my bro with my dad and step-mum where they had no pets.

if he has the Standard policy cover is only for 12 months.

Most won't pay for food and Tesco do exclude it. Some pay for a limited amount.

Yantan...sounds about right with regard the food..petplan don't cover it either but will and do pay for everything else..the only time an insurance company stop paying is when your fees limit has been reached...some can be a set amount per condition, others are per year as a whole