UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

I am still here, but under pressure re missing dogs etc and feeling sad because I went to see my friend Angela is hospital on Sunday and she seems to be going downhill mentally although still ticking over physically. She will be in hospital for at least another 3 months and I really do not think she will ever come out again. She has been unable to talk since 8 Aug and likely to need the tracheotomy tube in forever.

I'm so sorry to hear this Owl. Angela has done so well to come back from the brink. It's just such a shame that she can't make a full or near full recovery. Although you never know, maybe she will astound us all again. I'm keeping her in my thoughts :flowers:

I've had to cut down on my time on the 'puter as my good shoulder is now giving me trouble alongside the other one which has troubled me for years. That's why I am on here less.

We got our first delivery today from Butternut Box the dog food with no additives or fillers. Archie, for once, polished his dish to a gleaming finish. We'll see how long he keeps it up as he generally goes off stuff after a while :rolleyes:

Been up A&E Jazz, knackered my shoulder, apparently your shoulder blade is soft tissue according to the nurse....it's feckin bone lol, sent me off with no xray and told me to take the pain killers that i can't take.....she was clueless as to both of my conditions and didn't examine me properly, need to figure out how to walk the dog as i use my crutch in my left hand and it's my right shoulder

2 fugees with poorly shoulders :(

Jazz, in answer top your question, as soon as a dog is out on its own and not reliant on a human, some very basic instincts kick in. They hide, they are on the defensive, and they don't recognise people very well from sight. It is mostly scent and context. Their perceptions are so different from ours but we don't notice when we are in the same space and sharing the same activities. They also tend to live more in the moment than we do, especially when they are out on their own.

Thank you for your good wishes for Angela.

Awww gosh Owl, Angela really is fighting a tough fight bless her. Must be so frustrating not being able to speak, i remember how annoyed i was when my speech was jumbled after my TIA,s, that didn't last long but trying to make yourself understood is so very hard

Such a shame about Angela, Owl. It looked so hopeful for a while. Make that three dodgy shoulders, my left one is giving me trouble. I'm finding I can't do the exercises that I could a couple of months ago as it hurts too much. Not sure if it's a result of the op or what.