UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

Do you know anyone with a builders merchants account Suzeanna? We got our boiler from one through our builder and it was only £400. It was fitted by our Corgi registered plumbers/heating engineers when we did the new kitchen/bathroom extension and 10 years later is still going strong (fingers crossed!)

Ruby took out a Netflix subscription over the weekend and I am hooked! I have been binge watching shows I have either missed when they have aired or have not otherwise been available.

Jazz you need a set of stabilisers on your scooter! :ohno02: :laughingsmiley:

Thanks for the link to the food site Owl and the recommendation Jazz. I am off to peruse.

You need a big plastic bubble to keep you safe Jazz!

FIREWORKS - please read if you want something done about them:

If anyone has a mind too please write/contact your MP to ask them to attend the debate on fireworks that will be held on 29th January 2018. It would help if you have a firework phobic dog/animals to let them know how your pets suffer when the damned things are being let off. Also, if it causes you or anyone you know distress then let them know this as well as the number of times fireworks are being let off in your area and at what times of the day.

If I recall correctly the amendments made 10 or more years ago to the laws governing fireworks were that, other than bonfire night/diwali/NYE, they should not be let off after 10pm at any other time. It is also an offence to let them off in a public place i.e the street. As we all know these laws are regularly ignored. The MP's need to know and understand this. Be prepared for replies that might state things like "the latest amendments too the firework regulations should be enough" or "I feel we do not need further action for what are minor infractions and misuse of the current legislation". Try and pre-empt that sort of answer by telling them that it is more serious than that and, as I mentioned before, outlining your own experiences. You could call for an outright ban on anything other than organised displays or for all fireworks to be of the silent type (although they still make a "whooshing" sound which some very sensitive animals will still react too) or just leave it that you want more robust legislation and/or policing.

Here's a link to find your MP and you can actually contact them via this site too https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/ Thanks folks!

That's me lot.

I found a mess of used fireworks next to the reserve. One was a construction of 15 rockets and it had to have its own battery. It was similar industrial strength one which was put through the door of the house in Birmingham area where a man lost his life and his partner had 2 broken legs sustained while escaping.

2 nice things on Doglost yesterday. A staffie back home after 5 years, unchipped but recognised by owners who never stopped searching rescue and selling sites. A 17 yr old cat from Cornwall who ended up in St Albans where he moved into a shed and was spotted and identified a month later by a feeder of feral cats. Hitch hiker, obviously.

• Like 1

My nanna always reckoned green was an unlucky colour. I have no idea why as she had Irish heritage.

It just shows Owl that you should never give up looking for a lost pet. There have been a few pets reunited lately with owners after a long absence according to my Twitter feed :jammin:

How the hell do people get hold of fireworks like that and what is the purpose of constructing such a monster? There are some very stupid people in this world. Grrrrr.