UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Cosy Nook

Yantan

Well done Jayne on both your promotion and standing up to the gym owner :flowers:

Quite a night you had there Jazz! I prefer those donut collars to the plastic ones. I think that maybe a dog is a tad more comfortable wearing a donut.

Tis a glorious day here with blue skies and sun although it's cold but I don't mind that. Archie has gone out with the DW and his pals so at least they have a nice day for their walk.

I've been trying to start my Chrissy shopping but could do with a few clues from family and friends. I have asked some of them if there is anything in particular they want but they either haven't, as yet, got back to me or have answered "oh anything, I'll leave it too you as you are so good at choosing". No I'm not, that's why I asked in the first place!

my other sons just asked what i want for xmas, I said money. I can get some nice bits with my shopping. the problem with gift cards from supermarkets, you cant use them online for food. you can buy a shed from the same company, but not food. how stupid

Thinking of Jazz today xx

Congratulations gooster, that is a mega achievement.

Off to see Angela today. She has finally been moved to the rehab ward, which her friend tells me is very nice with windows so she can see trees and birds.

• Like 1

Great news Owl, let's hope it's all good from now on. Different situation I know but a friend of my son in law, only about 53, had a stroke and has spent 4 months in a rehab centre (paid for by his firm.) He is now walking unaided, talking pretty well, and is able to put messages on FaceBook, so there is hope even after a serious event. Ian does have problems with his short term memory at the moment, don't know if that will improve or not.

Great news Owl, let's hope it's all good from now on. Different situation I know but a friend of my son in law, only about 53, had a stroke and has spent 4 months in a rehab centre (paid for by his firm.) He is now walking unaided, talking pretty well, and is able to put messages on FaceBook, so there is hope even after a serious event. Ian does have problems with his short term memory at the moment, don't know if that will improve or not.

It is said we only use a small percentage of our brain cells and when some are damaged , others can learn to take over. I takes hard work to achieve though.

Great news about Angela :)

Thanks guys - have uncovered a few issues this week with one of my optoms. Hes on annual leave this week, get the feeling Im going to have a discussion with him next week :rolleyes:

The Gym I have left isnt the one with the gym instructor I used to like - I moved to a crossfit Gym in January for a new challenge, it was ok to begin with, but it just wasnt working for me.

Found out last week that one of my friends from the farm had a brain tumour and probably wont make Christmas. Shes only in her 40s. Id seen on Facebook that shes rehoming her animals and I messaged Blues loaner to see why, she thought I knew. It really shocked me and just shows that you never know whats around the corner. She only started an open university course about 18 months ago.

It is the owner whose dog we tracked for 2 weeks before dog made her way home on 30th. Owner is very traumatised as had been through some very bad stuff over past few years. But her strings are being pulled by a very competitive individual and his supporters. They hate tracker dogs as they say we are useless and just scare the missing dog. Have they been out with us? Of course not. They don't like us as they are mostly keyboard searchers but use cameras and do trapping. They have no idea what we are about, and do not want to know because they already know everything. The guy at the heart of this is worshipped by his supporters, all female I believe. Enough said.

Some people just seem to attract support regardless of what they say. Think Hitler. Nicola Sturgeon is another , Her supporters are blind to what she is doing.

I am sure the police will soon put them right when they report you.

The sun is shining again today but it is cold- a lovely autumn day. Need to go and get compost to plant up some bulbs. I thought I had some but somebody must have used it!

Shame you have to start your new job with a problem, Jayne. It is very sad about your friend. My mother always said it as well you don't know what is going to happen when you get up in the morning.

I have made a start on my Christmas shopping. Have got my sister's and one for my DIL.

• Like 1