UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Open House

Yantan

When my bitch had bladder stones she was put on Hills special diet for 6 weeks to dissolve the stones. She had 'gravel' so they were dissolved rather than surgery.

After that she went back onto a normal diet but had one tablet a day for life to acidify her urine. She would only be about 2 or 3 then and lived until she was nearly 15 without a recurrence.

Note the VET UK one says only to be used for 6 months.

Edited by blackmagic

One at a time sounds like out house. One goes out, when they come in and you shut the door, sit down and the other one wants out. They come in and you just sit down again when the first one wants out again.

Spring and summer the back door is always open so they can come and go at will, but now it is too cold. It takes a few weeks of telling them 'it is too cold to leave the door open now' until they believe it.

• Like 1

thats the one lol

its like when I get into bed. they all settle down, doesn't matter how long im sat up, but as soon as I turn the light off and lie down. I have to get the quilt in place, readjust my nightie, in seconds because they all move round and pin me by the quilt if im not sorted out. 4 I could just do in time, but with 5 on the bed, its harder

Haha Jazz. At least I have just one although when he does decide he's sharing my bed it's to lie lengthwise across it so I am left teetering on the edge.

Rather wet here. I hope no one is suffering too badly with Storm Brian.

Ah, I can see the birds feeding from where I am sitting. Now they have finished the suet logs they have turned their attention to the fat balls - at last!

I used to have big dogs, that slept on the floor, no sofa or bed, but then got a small dog, so she came on the bed so I didn't fall over her in the dark, then more small dogs, no big. it was 3 at the most, then merlin stayed, makes 4, then fosters ....

We have ajd a dry, sunny weekend but rain forecast for tomorrow.

Murphy takes himself off to bed by 9pm but Cleo won't go until we go to bed.

They used to sleep in beds in the kitchen but also have a day bed in the lounge and one upstairs where Jim has his computer. Murphy goes up there when Jim is up there.

But when the hoodie crows were knocking on the windows and the chimney as soon as it was light Murphy got frightened and was banging the kitchen door to get through. Once we realised what was upsetting him we left the door just pushed to so he could get into the lounge to sleep but then he wanted through beside us. He ended up sleeping at the side of the bed. Since he is black if either of us got up during the night we stood on him.

So I put a dog bed in the corner and he goes to that now. He comes through about 2 am.

Cleo varies between staying in her bed in the kitchen or moving to the couch in the lounge.

She comes through to waken us about 7.30 am.

Murphy has never gone on the bed. If you put him on it he immediately jumps off.

Cleo used to come up and fling herself onto her back between us, with her front paws up in the air.

When JIm had his op she did not try to come up and hasn't since.

Oh.now it is heavy rain.

• Like 1

not seen meatloaf in concert before. he has his eyes closed all the time hes singing, with chewing gum hanging out of his mouth. that's put me off. ill leave it on but not watch lol

has anyone else got/had a yorkie? mine have to do things 3 times. I have to send them back out 3 times on their last wee before they 'go' and they have to get off the bed 3 times before they will settle down

Edited by Jazz