UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Open House

Yantan

I hate bloody fireworks. They are so intrusive. I see the govt. are claiming that the current regs are sufficient and claim it is only a tiny proportion that misuse them. Yeah right. It's no good making laws if you don't/can't police them either.

Yes I was wondering about Alex, Jayne and Snow. We are so few here these days which is sad. I miss hearing about old friends and their fur families.

Poor Archie has been in the wars. When I got up yesterday morning I found him in my chair very listless and woe is me. He went out for a wee and came in sharpish which isn't like him at all. He usually does a lengthy garden patrol. He then started making an odd sideways movement with his head which was very worrying. Then I noticed one side of his nose around the nostril was all pink and he definitely didn't want me anywhere near it. He didn't want to eat or to go for a walk, his most favourite thing in the world, so I made a vet appointment.

The vet thought it was due either to some sort of chemical burn or an adverse allergic reaction to something. She gave him a couple of jabs and he was sent home with steroids tablets and a course of antibiotics. He's feeling much better today and has gone for a walk with Ruby although it's clear the wind/cold is making his schnozz smart. I've just cooked him a couple of chicken breasts as a treat.

Poor Archie, hope he feels better tomorrow. Jazz, I hope Lola settles.

Have been spending much of today trying to put the word round to find a foster home for a dog, and hopefully have got one, everything Xed. The rest of today I was out on the reserve. We have been very busy with illegal offroaders, especially those who then ride out on to the main road with no plates/tax/insurance. Police have been brilliant and caught several, including one with drugs on board.

Had a week without tracking, somewhat of a relief after the week before.

My sister and I went to Rufford Abbey and scattered mum's ashes there, something which needed to be done so I am glad we did. Then she stayed with me overnight Friday and we had a nice day out yesterday before she went home.

• Like 1

busy week!

doctor ringing this afternoon, see the nurse tomorrow, vets for honey wednesday, and in hospital friday

ive ordered mouses special food from zooplus

the kennels are selling dog food, so lewis is taking me today. ill be like a kid in a candy store lol

Edited by Jazz

Hope all goes well medically Jazz, and hope Archie continues to improve Yantan.

I got a letter from the hospital on Saturday, giving me an appointment for a CAT scan of my chest on Sunday 26th November at 08.10! I thought it must be a mistake..didn't think they worked on Sundays...but I phoned this morning to check and it is correct. No lie in for me that Sunday then! Not that we do lie in really, we're up before 9, unlike my daughter and her husband who don't seem to surface until around 11.30. I don't get that...half your day is gone.

ooo am I happy! a room stacked with dry food. found a bag of mouses special food, then a huge bag and small bag of burns. got 8 tins of her special food in another room, and 30 tins for the others, ooo and 50 pouches of mouses special food. £50 for the lot! no room to put it all, it will last months

Suzeanna, our hospital give early and late weekend appointments, they also use the ER scanner at quiet times...apparently there are certain hours when less accidents occur!

Good shopping trip then Jazz

Today is my birthday, been spoilt and now off to a Halloween party at dog training....i think they are combining it into a birthday party too...haven't had one of those since I was 6 lol. I am going as a corpse bride and Dakota is going as a vat dog lol

That should say bat

Happy birthday Griff. I hope you've had a great day from start to finish :flowers: :beerchug: :elefant:

Archie has been grand today. His nose must feel a lot better as I noticed him rummaging through piles of dead leaves with it when we were on our walk. He failed to see a deer and her 2 almost grown babies when they crossed the path not 20 yards in front of us though. His eyesight is crap, bless him. Thanks for thinking about him folks :)

Owl good to hear you've been having some downtime from the tracking and getting time to do other stuff.

Bargainous deals on the food Jazz.

Suzeanna I cannot stay in bed for very long once I am awake and whatever day of the week it is I am always up by 8am and often much sooner.