UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Open House

Yantan

temperature here was down to 2 degrees last night- no wonder windows were streamed up this morning.

It is now pouring rain with mostly wet forecast for the rest of the week so no gardening and house is a tip due to reconstruction of shower room. Why does he need to spread everything he touches into all the rooms and and on every surface?

We moved to sleep upstairs a couple of nights ago as now no toilet downstairs and there is already stuff decorating our bed downstairs.

Cleo is upset about it all and keeps nuzzling up to me or hiding upstairs.

Murphy doesn't care and is presently snoring on the couch.

It was cold here this morning too and has been raining since lunchtime blackmagic. Archie doesn't like change, especially in the house, so having work done upsets him as it does Cleo. George took it all in his stride and was actually very inquisitive about it all. He would go and check out the workmen and maybe remove some tools from their toolboxes :rolleyes: :laugh:

Jazz did you ask the vet to keep the stones for you or did they say they needed to be sent for analysis or something?

Happy anniversary. My sister's husband is 10 years younger than her, I think they have been married for 27 years. Mine was 15 years younger.

I have been gifted a 3 seater mock leather sofa which needs to come from half a mile up the road and into my house via the rather narrow side entrance and back door as it will never get through the front porch. Need to find someone who will move it and not cost a fortune, or round up enough friends and neighbours later on.

My grandfather was 18 years younger than my grandmother. She didn't know until he was notified about his age pension when he was 65.

He gave a false dob on his marriage certificate.

They were married for more than 50 years.

I met Jim a month before my 16th birthday. Jim is a year older than me and was an apprentice at the time. I was still at school,

My mother said it would never last- ( the gilt will wear off the gingerbread). We married when I was 21 and celebrate our Golden Wedding next year.

• Like 1

Happy Anniversary Suzeanna, it's my mum and dads 40th wedding anniversary this year so Ruby. She wanted to replace his wedding ring and decided to get one set with a Ruby....do you know, none of the high street jewellers or local jewellers had one....she has had to have one made for him

Owl, i hope you don't get your sofa stuck, it was a struggle getting mine into my old flat, i really thought i was going to have to go in and out of the window to get into my flat, luckily my dad and my mate Kev got it free...took about 10 minutes to get it out of the doorway though Lol

You need Ruby and me - we are dab hands at getting furniture through tight spaces. What can I say? It's a gift!

Congratulations Suzeanna on your silver wedding anniversary :flowers:

That's great going blackmagic :jammin:

It's an awful stormy day here. I held off taking Archie out until mid morning and we were very fortunate that it stayed dry on our 50 minute walk although very blowy.

Awful happenings in Las Vegas. What a world we live in now :mecry:

Just seen about Las Vegas, poor souls.

Sofa moved in by strong and efficient bloke, with additional help from a neighbour. Very happy, as it fits the space exactly and makes my sitting room look like somewhere to relax and not just a thoroughfare to kitchen.

• Like 2