UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Moaning :tired:

suzannea I am so sorry for your loss :GroupHug: :mecry:

I've not been around much cos I have been immersing myself in the Olympics, watching all day and into the early hours. Brits are doing fantastically well. Loving the BBC's red button channels as well (in case anyone doesn't know, you don't need to press the red button to reach them - they are channels 600 to 608 on Freeview), which means I can watch the events that I want all the way through. Watched Murray's match last night - it was absolutely brutal. Got a whole week off now to watch it as well :)

Roofer is coming back today to finish off the bits and pieces. The upstairs bay which he is recovering looks dreadful at the moment but there is apparently another layer to go on. Other bits and pieces he's made a mess off so he'd better do a good job. I am probably going to have to have the whole roof replaced in the not too distant future.

Thanks for the advice - will let you know what the doc says.

Edited by merledogs

well Merledogs, he will probably be able to tell himself if the roof will want doing in the near future, common sense would say that you would do a damn fine job so you would be awarded the work in the future. I am sure things will be o.k with the Dr

Steve thinks he might have to have his dog PTS, i am so gutted for him, he adores that dog...so do i, i am not sure how his other dog will cope as she has always had her brother round

Apoquil Jazz

Thanks, he stopped eating and was obviously losing weight, being sick sometimes and th squits, wormed him..no good, was feeding him chicken and pasta and he seemed to be eating that quite happily but has stopped again, he can't afford hundreds in the vet due to his ex so he is thinking about letting him go...it is so sad as the situation is none of his fault but he can't do anything about it, he is really going to struggle losing him

I've got to go back for more blood tests. As well as having low vitamin D, my liver test showed that my ALT level is high which could be liver damage/disease (no obvious cause). Re the hormone test, my LH levels are low, which could mean ovarian failure or could be the menopause. It's unusual because normally the LH and FSH would both be low, so I need further investigation. I am feeling even more bluddy wibbly now.

On another note, I just bumped into my dad as he was walking past my house as I was leaving. I haven't seen him in 11 years so was quite a shock and a tad awkward!

Lol at Archie and Harry..pair of sods lol

Alex, hope you will be o.k...I know easy to say try not to worry but..try not to worry. Oooo crikey, bet that was a little awkward with your dad.

Steve and I have had a chat this morning about max, he said he was really happy and playful this morning and managed an hours walk!!! He said he used to feed him Arden grange but had to stop as it was too costly feeding the 2dogs that, I have got max a bag of food to see if that suits him better, hopefully the weight will go back on and the upset tummy should go too...fingers crossed, if not I fear he will have to let him go, told him to leave his other dog on the cheaper food as she is overweight so obviously has no issue with the food

Edited by griff

I just caught Archie sneaking an indoor toy outside and shouted "hoy" at him. He knows he shouldn't take them out there as he just dropped it and carried on walking nonchalantly, pretending like it never happened :ph34r: :devil: :wub:

Hee, hee. Murphy does that with bones. We never used to bother. He lay out gnawing them, then buried them up among the trees at the back of the garden. At a later date he would dog them up and bring to us to wash the dirt off so he could gnaw at them again.

However a few years ago he had a stomach upset and didn't eat for a few days. Obviously, when he got better he was hungry and dug up an ancient knuckle bone which had gone crumbly due to age. He scoffed it- all unbeknown to us.

He became bunged up and despite liquid paraffin and then two enemas he could not go. In the end the vet had to manually clean him out. she said he would never have passed it ti as it was solid and brittle. That was when we realised what he had done.

So, now, he is not allowed to take bones outside. Most of the time he doesn't try but occasionally he tries to sneak one out when we are not looking.

Meant to ask. any news of Philip, Suzeanna?

Edited by blackmagic

Oh I had one this morning demanding to be let OUT in the garden, after his walk, but I had to keep him in because the postie was due plus a courier delivery. He went into a major sulk. However since 10am he's been out there on his outdoor bed with the occasional wander indoors to let me know he wants the bed moved, his lunch, a treat, me to go out and play ball with him etc. etc..