UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Activities

Jazz

Happy Birthday xx

I have a new front door and frame. Needed to be done as old one was a recycled one which had been bodged to fit doorway, had no sill and let rain into porch. Also it had a glass bit with a number on which isn't our house number, so previous owner fitted it to show number on inside, resulting in door opening in a very inconvenient way.

• Like 1

Jazz, there is not much more to do in the house, but now that I have a new front door with a proper sill which doesn't let rain in, it is very high to step over and not really safe. So the porch floor has to be raised and levelled with screed, and a couple of steps built on the outside.

Then we are done for the moment indoors, but there is more than I thought outdoors as I have realised that a very long leylandii hedge needs to go. There are some very tall ones at the end which can stay as both I and neighbours like them, and they are a good roost for birds in winter, But a length of hedge approx 100 ft long and 12 ft high needs to go. Couldn't do anything while birds were nesting. My neighbours hate it as it blocks most of their sun, and it will be more economical for me long term to remove it than to have it clipped.

Edited by owl

Moaning :tired:

How did the blood test results go Alex? My physio couldn't access my mri results so I'll have wait to see the doc next Tuesday.

The doctor who I saw this time was annoyed at the first one because he didn't think it was anything to worry about. I have to have a couple more blood tests and I have to have the U&E and LFTs done again in six months. Thanks for asking :flowers: