UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Mad Mutterings

merledogs

Morning all.

Archie is coming up 13 and in good health other than his acid reflux problem. I want to keep him super fit so should I be looking at giving him supplements? And if so which? I'd ask my vet but since our old one retired and the "super practice" took over I don't trust them the same. I know they'd probably tell me that "oh maybe such and such would be good and we can supply that. That's £321.47 plus vat please."

My brother has gone..left all the stuff I got him behind, didn't even look at it. Said to dad he would be back soon as he has a car and dad went he won't want to put up with that again pointing at kota...she did brilliantly

Oh dear Griff. We can pick our friends but not our family.

We are having to clear out the border that runs down alongside the gable end of the next door house so they can put up scaffolding to re-render the wall. So to that end I have been cutting the trees and bushes that we cut down a week or two ago into little pieces to stuff into the garden wheelies. I have filled 3 bins, ours and 2 belonging to neighbours but there are no more empty ones available. I just needed one more! With the end in sight I really didn't want to leave it especially as there's a bad forecast for the rest of the week. However once I came in and sat down I realised I had done too much. My shoulder is now screaming at me, I can't stand up straight and am walking like an old woman :rolleyes:

Yantan, can you just pop the branches somewhere out of the way until a bin becomes empty?? Sit yourself down and leave it alone for a day or so!!!!

I don't really understand him...i don't mind any animals, will happily fuss them and have a face wash off any of them, i don't care if they leap all over me and though Kota is far from an angel, going from a dog that had to be sedated for a day at christmas to no lead needing to be put on at any time this whole weekend...i think that is pretty amazing. He took against Diez, no idea why except he said "we weren't the right family for a dog...let alone a puppy" he was o.k with laney...sort of, he has never liked Kota from a tiny puppy and he seems o.k with Deags, Kota is not nasty in anyway, she just loves people but can't control herself...with someone like me it is fine, she will calm down eventually, him...good grief, go forbid he gets dog hair on him...i make hi bring old stuff to sit in as i worry about his clothes getting mucky and him moaning, at christmas he had his ipad with him and he said that the dog had bit the cover....and left a tooth mark in it, i said they hadn't, he was adamant they had, dad looked and said if they had bit it it would be both sides of the case and it wasn't, he then turned round and said well their claw must have done it...i just said, order a new one, i will pay for whichever one you want, he then turned round and said "it didn't matter"...why say anything then? neither of my dogs have ever chewed anything up and i would never sit there and let them chew on an ipad knowing i would need to replace it

I used to wish I had a brother or sister...some of the things I've read make me realise it might not be so bad to be an "only"! Funny how two people so closely related can be so different...I like you without even meeting you Griff, but I don't think I'd be too keen on your brother. I don't tend to take to people who don't like dogs.

Yantan, I feel your pain. I've done a lot of sawing and painting recently and I hurt all over now. I have fibromyalgia and it's been fairly mild until now, I seem to have stirred it up again. Hope you soon feel better and get over the aches.

He does sound like a delight Griff :unsure:

My mum annoyed me a bit last night. I went to see her for Mother's Day. We were just chatting about other stuff, when she just out of the blue asked if I was taking Ted to the vet on Wednesday for them as his tablets were due to run out. I go away on Saturday, I have the vet for Blue on Wednesday and all my packing and stuff to sort. If I'd have known his vet visit was due a couple of weeks ago, I'd have booked him in and organised my day around it. However, our vets are open 7 days a week, with the last weekday appointment being at 6.30, so I don't understand why the expectation is on me all of a sudden to take him to the vet on my only day off (I work 6 days normally), when there are 2 adults who live there who are more than capable of taking Ted to the vet. When I told them I wasn't taking Ted to the vet on Wednesday as they hadn't told me that he needed to go and I don't actually have time this week to take him, it got a bit awkward.....