UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

Thanks for the suggestions, Yantan. Packing is not a problem as I have been doing a bit of decluttering and packing every day, and thanks to the lady who is moving in and unpacking just up the road, I have proper removals boxes delivered to my door every day, as she empties them.

House sitting is not possible as I have Wispa and the fish. Even if the vendor brings the price down it will all be a hassle.

I don't believe that everything happens for a purpose. I believe that things just happen as a result of other things and actions. However, I am aware that sometimes a chain of events gets steered, and I suspect this may be the case here. I did feel so strongly that I should put in an offer for the house. I have now lost the money I spent on structural, gas and electrical surveys if I back out.

But what is my loss, set against the situation of a house with many electrical faults caused by DIY rewiring, of which 12 are classed as C2 which means danger to any user. Lack of earthing, unprotected wires, it's scary! Add to this the unsafe gas fire in unsuitable chimney, which was disconnected and sealed off by my inspector. If anyone had decided to come in and do a clean and vacuum, or use a power tool, there were 12 chances of a small electrical fire. Add that to the dodgy gas fire in an inflammable chimney with no proper flue, and goodbye house, goodbye adjacent house, hello undertaker.

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Got a viewing on Sunday and have requested viewings for two more.

I told estate agent that unless the vendor agrees to get the electrics done before I move in, I am pulling out of the sale. I asked her to suspend the sale for one week, to give vendor time to decide. She said she wasn't surprised as the survey was the most alarming she had seen in a long while.

So it's back to square one.

We didn't have a survey done on this house...we were meant to, but the surveyor didn't turn up and we left it. If we'd had one we probably wouldn't have moved in! The electrics are weird...plug the hoover in downstairs and the computer turns off upstairs....we stripped off the wallpaper in the main bedroom and the plaster came with it! However, with judicious use of masking tape to hold it together (we couldn't afford to get it replastered) and lining paper, it looks ok, and so far the electrics haven't blown us up, and we've been here 12 years now.

Our 23rd wedding anniversary today, where has the time gone? We've been together a lot longer than that though, and I have to smile when I think of the people who said it won't last, he's 10 years younger than you. I've had health problems, put on weight etc but he's still here.

Moaning :tired:

Happy anniversary suzeanna :partytime:

Marion - feels quite liberating doesn't it? I had mine chopped last year, really short. Mind you I've grown it back into a bob now.

Owl I hope they agree to get the electrics done beforehand so you can have the house you really want :flowers:

From the time I put the offer in to the time I moved in here was just over two weeks and the house before that took around four. Mind you I had to be the biggest pain in the butt and ring the conveyancing firm at least once a day. Turns out you can order your own searches too (which knocks a lot of time off), which the conveyancing firm didn't tell me, the council did.

Edited by merledogs

Alex it certainly does feel liberating! I'm now wishing I'd done it years ago. I had forgotten that I actually have curly hair because the weight and length of it long meant it didn't really get a chance to be anything more than wavy.

I've been up since 5.30 with Archie as his acid reflux is bothering him. He's just had his 3rd dose of medicine and if that doesn't settle him we will be off to see the vet for more aggressive treatment.

Happy Anniversary Suzeanna :flowers:

I've been considering having my hair cut short or shorter again I went shoulder length the last time I had it cut and did like it but now its halfway down my back again. I don't "do" anything with it except shove it in an alice band and its easy in the morning to just leave it wet shove the band on and go, but I'm now thinking with the colder weather coming that I don't really want to be going out to work etc. with wet hair that will stay wet for hours but at the same time its very fine and straight so if I do go for a shorter cut then I'd probably have to style it to make it look half decent and I can't be arsed faffing about in the mornings I'm thinking maybe a shaggy layered cut would work.

Feeling a bit more relaxed about the holiday next week Nick & Vicky have decided to get bikes after all so Rob's booked one as well so I won't be stuck on my own with the mobility scooter :) - bet it blinking pees it down now lol

I've been up since 5.30 with Archie as his acid reflux is bothering him. He's just had his 3rd dose of medicine and if that doesn't settle him we will be off to see the vet for more aggressive treatment.

Have you tried Pepto Bismol? Most pharmacies sell it.

Sorry it is late but Happy anniversary Suzeanna, hope you had a lovely day

Yantan, i went from hair right down my back to a graduated bob...grew it back as my ex saw a piccie of me with long hair...split with him and the next day went and got it cut from down by my bum to about 1 1/2 spikes Lol i will never have it long again now. It takes me around 2 minutes to do my hair but according to my hairdresser i have "good hair". i like it being so short as it means i can managed to sort it myself and i can dye it very odd colours and change the colours often

Snow, hope you get some great weather for your holiday