UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

Just got back from a fabulous time in Vancouver. A sunny 18 degrees every day bar one when we had warm showers.

We are staying with my son in Edinburgh until we head back up north on Monday.

I am looking forward to seeing my dogs again.

There were many small dogs in Vancouver, particularly french bulldogs for some reason. But living in condos with no garden ment street walking from one lamp post to the next and all on lead. I felt so sorry for them , They all looked 'flat' with no bounce in their step.

We did end up at a off leash area of park and beach one day and spent a while watching the dogs run and play and swim. Some were content to play fetch wth their owners or dig in the sand. Others all mucked in together while the owners sat around.

One ginger dog had to check out all the new arrivals and when two or three dogs started to wrestle and play he immediately got in amongst them and broke it up.

They all got on well and there was no squabbling. They mostly seemed to be mongrels of all sizes.

However, there was a tradegy reported at one of the outdoor cafes in the outskirts when a lhaso shitzu cross who was sitting with his owner at a table was attacked by a bull mastiff and died as a result of his injuries.

Apparanty the bull mastiff had already been identitfied as a 'dangerous dog' due to its dislike of other dogs.( bull mastiffs are classified as a dangerous breed) and had to be muzzled.

The owner had left him tied up with a muzzle on while inside the cafe, but someone had removed the muzzle.

So, the dog was not destroyed but the owner given more restrictions for the dog and it was said it was being kept in a secure kennel in the garden.

Of course , the usual comment of 'it might be child next time' was rolled out.

• Like 1

Poor little dog :(

I noticed some Christmas themed films on sky when I was flicking through before. Ended up putting Netflix on though and fell asleep whilst watching Dead Man Walking :rolleyes: I am a bit excited though as It's a Wonderful Life has been added to Netflix this year. That's my favourite Christmas film ever :biggrin:

Morning early bird Merle.

Viewing a house today and another on Tues. I really like the look of Tuesday's house.

Getting on top of the fatigue. I decided to stop watching my diet for the time being and eat more non-sweet carbs. Pizza and pasta, here I come. I feel better for it already.

Happy anniversary suzeanna

Sorry to hear about the house Owl.

Does anyone know where bloody annoying ladybugs / birds (not native ones) live as thy are all coming out and really annoying me. It's like a version of the film The Birds at the moment. 😱

Ooo I don't know griff...I can count at least 10 on the inside of the door/blind and loads more outside...they come through the vent argh....I have put camphor cream round the vent but that now means that when they come in the open door they can't get out!! Stupid things....