UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ongoing Observations

Yantan

suzeanna :GroupHug:

I'm having a sporting day today - three football matches and a rugby match (which overlaps with part of one footie match so I'm going to have to keep switching).

It's the Manchester derby today (at Old Trafford). I feel sick with nerves :unsure: I could have gone to the match but would have been in with the United fans and behind the goal which doesn't give a great view. They don't have the big screens that a lot of Premier League teams have so you can't see what's happening. Been a couple of times where I sat in that position and it's really hard not jumping up and down when City score (which hopefully they will). To add to the tension, whoever wins will go to the top of the table. City's best players, Aguero and Silva are injured so I'll take a draw. Wibble :unsure:

Edited by merledogs

Obstacle course done - it was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. It was actually at the farm where I used to do flyball with the boys! Didn't know till my sat nav turned me down the lane to it. I ended up in the water many times :laugh: Ended up tagging along with a group from Preston - they were a good bunch. The conclusion I have drawn from today though is that I would be no good on Gladiators or Total Wipeout :laugh: There were the hoops (remember on gladiators with the hang tough challenge) - I stood on the edge and made a load of blokes laugh when I said 'omg they are really far apart' :laugh:

Hi everyone ,

Snow I have no idea who the bloke is but you look very happy to have met him and I am pleased for you :) we should all try and do more of what makes us happy

Jayne , I had a look on your Rough Runners website , it looked nutter than squirrel poo but very exciting

Jazz sorry you op has not gone as well as you would have liked

Same old same old here in Sri Lanka , I am on a diet as I have been getting a porky squirrel since I buggered my knee , this means two things I am now boring ( more so than normal ) as being a diet makes me a total and utter bore , it also means I am obsessed with food and spend many hours day dreaming about cake

Snow...i too am clueless to who the geezer is but i am very pleased you had a nice day

Gooster, i spent an hour or so in Preston yesterday...the people are nice, hope you aren't too sore tomorrow

HLGS....if you fancy a little bit of cake you should have some, depriving yourself will make you want it more...i need to start trying to tone up my arms, the medication i am on makes your muscles waste..boo

Merledogs, hope the football went well

God i am knackered, yesterday has taken it out of me.

Nuttier than squirrel poo describes it pretty well. There was one obstacle with people dressed up as pigeons, they were there to knock you over or rugby tackle you :laugh: I ran down the hill towards them and just thought shiittttt, all 6 pigeons are gonna get me cos I'm on my own. Anyway, I ran up to them and hugged them all. They didn't knock me over :biggrin:

I am still a diet bore but now I can be a exercise bore as well as yesterday I was finally able to go back to the Gym , I think I might start drinking more water then I can get get the hat trick and be a water bore :D

***Boring Diet Alert****

Have now lost 4 pounds since I got back from the UK and I suspect I will shortly lose the will to live

**End of Boring Diet Alert****

• Like 1

Hahaha, well done HLGS

well done for not failing asleep during my post :tired:

Did I mention the car crash we had last month when some one hit us head on after their brakes failed ? my car is still at the garage being repaired as its the inter monsoon season where we get random days of very heavy rain , the garage can't finish the respray unless they get 3 clear dry days , the insurance company won't let us have it back until its sprayed and they won't let us move it to a garage that has an indoor spraying area

They have so far had it 5 weeks , I fear it maybe a few more weeks yet :(

Blimey lots to catch Up on.

Hope you're healing well Jazz.

I am off on holibobs on Thursday, so excited and nervous! We are off to South Africa with Bens Mum so I want it to go well which I am sure it will.

My amazing physio as reactivated sleeping muscles and in the last two weekends I have beaten my reading parkrun time, my marathon time (by 12 minutes) and my 30mile time by 20 minutes. I am looking forward to what might happen when I do some training!!

xx

• Like 1

I am off on holibobs on Thursday, so excited and nervous! We are off to South Africa with Bens Mum so I want it to go well which I am sure it will.

My amazing physio as reactivated sleeping muscles and in the last two weekends I have beaten my reading parkrun time, my marathon time (by 12 minutes) and my 30mile time by 20 minutes. I am looking forward to what might happen when I do some training!!

xx

Have a fantastic holiday and wow on your times and those distances , 30 miles is mindblowing !

im home!

to find the wetroom men arnt coming till next week

and there is a leak in the airing cupboard that has lifted the new laminate floor :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

oh dear what dreadful luck , do you have house hold insurance ? hopefully that will cover the costs of the leak and the flooring

Oh crikey, hope you get the dry days you need...mad you can't get it moved to under cover

I know I am calling again tomorrow to see what can be done which realistically is nothing but it will make me feel better to call !!!!