UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Evening.

Marion - we've had very dry hot weather here for most of the summer. But we're never happy with our lot eh? :rolleyes:

Timmy has been to the vet - his lump is a Papilloma (wart) so nowt to worry about. Vet didn't even charge me for the consult cos he took literally ten seconds to tell me what it was :)

Suzeannea - springers are every bit as hard work as collies, maybe more so. Having said that, I've never found any of my collies to be hard work - my friend's springers I couldn't cope with at all.

Griff you do attract them don't you?

I got a call from the hospital today - they can see me at the breast clinic tomorrow at 4.45 pm because they've added an extra clinic session. The hospital is literally at the top of my road so not far to go.

• Like 1

Yay for Timmy, bet that's a relief. Got everything crossed for you tomorrow Merley one

Dogs walked, i am not budging again!! well maybe for a hot chocolate

need to eat a chinese at some point....my chinese is shutting down on the 9th...gutted

Excellent news about Timmy :)

Our DW says she has more trouble with Springers than any other breed - by trouble she meant bouncy, bouncy, always eager to go so lots of pulling on lead, not listening to commands. I know probably down to owners not training them right. On the other hand she walks lots of Collies and they are all no bother.

Griff you do seem to attract them! You must be sending particular pheramones out.

collies are great, as long as they are trained right. they are so intelligent, when I fostered them I had them taking the washing out of the machine, picking things up, but give them food with colourings and they go nuts. the main reason they came into rescue was because they were fed the wrong food.

jerry lee isn't herself. cant always jump onto the sofa, doesn't want extra treats, just not herself. merlin is lay with her

we are off to bed

sweet dreams xxx

I grew up with a springer. He was a real character - had loads of energy and was a right grumpy fart :laugh: Loved him to bits though - we lost him when he was 15.

Hope your appointment goes well Alex :flowers:

Glad Timmy is ok :)

Your area of Manchester must be getting better weather than my part Alex - it's been rubbish here, hardly had my roof down this summer :rolleyes:

Not much to report here, am struggling with my anti malarial tablets at the moment. They are giving me horrendous heartburn, I can't eat anything without pain when I swallow and gaviscon isn't helping :( Can't wait to finish them - think I have another 25 days to go :(

jerry isn't well. shes really flat. doesn't want her breakfast of sausages. ill see what she does when the dog walker comes. if shes at the door with them ill know shes ok but if she doesn't want to know ill see who can take me to the vets with her

Good news about Timmy, hope all goes well at the breast clinic Alex.

I've spotted a lurcher on a rescue website, they are willing to let us foster him with a view to homing if he and Rosie get on...that's assuming I pass their homecheck. He's 15 months old, lovely looking boy.

I've been watching Molly cat, sunning herself ON TOP of the summer house again. I give up with that cat, I swear she can dissolve herself and ooze through the mesh!

• Like 2

Am tempted to stop taking them to be honest - I got about 6 bites the whole time I was over there and most of those were on my first night before I had dug out my bug repellant :unsure: I am even struggling to drink tea :( I'm not that bad eating salad, but anything warm or hot and I just can't swallow it without pain :(

I have read up on them and I think it is a known side effect. I have tried taking them with food and a whole glass of water and it's just as bad. These are a medication for acne as well, so my skin has cleared up a bit, but if the dermatologist wants to keep me on them long term when I see him on Wednesday, he can bog off :laugh:

I'll nip in to a pharmacy and speak to the pharmacist at some point over the weekend and see if they have any other suggestions :unsure: