UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Moaning :tired:

I'd like a bit of torrential rain for a couple of days please to a) water my plants and b) soften the soil so I can dig over the borders ready for planting stuff. Thank you weather gods.

Move your house here then Alex! We've had nowt but torrential rain for the last day or two. It actually woke me up last night braying down on the velux window in the hall outside my bedroom. At least we are keeping your water supply at a good healthy level :laughingsmiley:

Alicia isn't it lovely when you know you've won their trust and they come to you for comfort :wub_anim:

Right I have to get going. Archie to walk and work to do. If you see me on here again today give me a bloody good wallop.

• Like 1

Marion - at least you're providing water for the garden via my hosepipe :laugh: For those that don't know Manchester's water supply comes all the way from the luffly Lake District, which results in naturally filtered, low fluoride, very soft water :)

Yup. And George and Archie were known to have had the occasional swim in it so apologies if you found any hairs in your water. I haven't been back to Thirlmere since Georgie Porgie went to the Bridge - too sad.

We are doing our best to keep your water flowing as it's still wet - and dreary - here. I love the rain, I really do but even I am fed up with it now. We have not had much of a summer so far.

• Like 2

Wet and cold here - trying to get to see my Dr this morning for my 6monthly blood pressure check up what a flipping faff, turned up at the surgery at 8am for a walk in appointment, told next available slot was 10 am. so Rob and I decided to nip home and then pop over to Asda and get the security tag taken off the bathers he bought there on Sunday which they'd forgotten to remove. Had a bacon bap and a coffee in their cafe and then went back to the surgery only to be told oh sorry did I say 10? I meant 10:50 *sigh* so back home again we came and have to go back out again in a few mins - that'll be the entire morning gone by the time we're done.

now I know where the smell of wee is coming from. they are managing to see into the ivy and roses. ive just filled a black sack of it and wow it stinks out there!

im shattered but had better get that washed down

its great that its being done next week but my builder wont be back till October. at least it will be emptied and new fences. I cant wait!

I wondered how long it would take! My husband has decided that much as he loves our cav Rosie, he really does miss having a larger dog around the place, so now he's looking for something. What sort of something, I'm not really sure! I found a lovely black lurcher needing a home..no, it looks too much like Dylan and he'd be comparing it to him and it wouldn't be fair. Ex racing greyhound? Zillions of those around. Yes he loves them but he wants something that would enjoy long walks, not a 20 minute one a quick gallop and the rest of the day on the settee! Then he thought collie? Claz put us off those, said they are very very hard work. Hmm. Now we are down to springer spaniels. Maybe. Must be black and white not liver and a male. Sheesh! Watch this space.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Re: Greyhounds. There are two who live in the street behind us and they are on the fells all day most days. Their owner, like them, has taken early retirement and is a keen & super fit walker. She walks them miles every day and they love it! They have no trouble keeping up and are in fantastic condition. She told me she had to build them up to it but it didn't take long. Teaching them not too chase sheep every time they moved took far longer! But they don't like sideways at them now and seemed to have totally lost their chase instinct. Probably too tired with all that exercise they get every day!

• Like 1

been to the drs, swabs done, urine being sent away, now have to have an ultrasound, so CT tomorrow, then another when they get me the appointment and just have to wait for the ultrasound appointment. I am so very very lucky with my Drs, they never make me wait for any tests

went to wickes after and was followed by some weird bloke...rung my mum who got my dad to come fetch me