UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

Morning

Have to go to my nephews birthday party today, it was meant to be a picnic in a park which would have been great, but sister has changed it to a hall which is just headache inducing! Added to that; she has chosen the day of Ride London where half of London roads are shut...so keeping my fingers crossed that people will be keeping away so there won't be hideous traffic...

We have been sorting out the "activities" for our Center Parc holiday with Nick, Vicky & Owen and realising that we are now both getting older I've booked a mobility scooter and Robs booked an electric bicycle so we can get around and keep up with the youngsters on their mountain bikes :confused: I did iff and am about getting the electric bike for myself as its £10 cheaper than the scooter however I was persuaded to go for the scooter on the grounds that it has a basket on the front and the bikes don't so I can "carry" all the bags lol

A local lady turned up at my gate last night with her young son as her husband had beaten her up quite badly ( domestic violence is rife here ) we tried to take her to the hospital but she would not go as they automatically call the police for domestic violence and she is scared of that happening because he will beat her again. I have offered for them to stay at my house as long as they need but again she is too scared to leave her husband currently. Today I have found a lady doctor who has worked in the UK and will see her privately for me and not call the police so I will try and take her tomorrow and get the doctor to talk to her about her options.

Tuesday I need to go to a hospital in Colombo to give blood , I am A - which is not the most common blood group in the UK ( under ( 7 % ) but in people of Asian origin its around 0.5 % , there is a young girl needing neurosurgery that has been postponed because they need a minimum of 3 pints of A - which the hospital has not got , an appeal has been put out via the expat network here and they have found myself and one other foreigner who are A - , for this girls surgery they have to have to have a match and cannot use O - which they normally do.

I think on Wednesday I might be back to my day job and sorting out dog related issues !

oh dear HLGS, i feel so very sorry for that lady, my dads dad used to batter my nan and it had a terrible effect on my dad... he remembers everything and most of his child hood memories are of things he wishes he could forget, i hope she finds the strength to step away and save herself and her son. Well done on being a donor, i can't be a donor of anything anymore... they never wanted my blood anyway as i was on painkillers, i hope the little girls operation goes well

Snow, you use whatever you will find best for you

Murtle, hope you made it to london o.k

Merledogs, have you been in the garden again today? mine are looking very bedraggled now

Moaning :tired:

Sam - your skills are obviously needed on the human front as well. Compassion is not species-ist (if that's a word?) :flowers:

Griff - did go in the garden briefly. Everything is looking very green although the Roses have fungal infections due to the amount of rain and where they're planted.

Speaking of gardens, the ruddy gardener who was going to widen the front borders has let me down twice now, so I'm going to have to get someone else to do it. Grrrr :mad:

Sam - your skills are obviously needed on the human front as well. Compassion is not species-ist (if that's a word?) :flowers:

I've always found that, in general, animal lovers' compassion extends to all living creatures humans included. I can't say that I have always found the reverse true.

Merledogs, what is it with workmen and not showing up when they are supposed to? i just don't get it, how can they run a business if they don't go to new customers when they say they will...o.k if it is really unavoidable and you have to let someone down...once is acceptable. Got all this to come with the windows, bathroom and rendering.... parents have promised they won't make me deal with the workmen this time

managed to walk the dogs!!!!!!! first time i have been well enough in a week, both walked quite nicely for me on the lead and it was soooooo warm, lovely it was

• Like 1

spoke with the mother of the young girl today and the op has been pushed back due to lack of donors and her general health till next Wednesday so hopefully we can find a few more donors by then , I can't begin to think what her and her family are going through currently

The lady whose husband is beating her ended up in hospital overnight with a perforated eardrum she told the hospital it was an accident but the doctors told her they knew it was not but agreed not to call the police but told her to get help, her 6 year son is now coming to us every day to play with the dog and generally have some time in a safe environment. The lady who owns the house I rent normally lives in Australia but by chance is back here on holiday so she is helping us now and her lawyer is coming tomorrow to discuss options. I am going to buy the little boy some toys and colouring books tomorrow so he can have some "belongings" at my house which hopefully will make him feel secure. I am teaching him some more English and I have told him he can teach me how to write my name in Sinhala !

re compassion I know a lot of people are either all about animals or all about people but I think suffering is suffering and I will do what I can where I can , both these families need something I am lucky enough to be in a position to give and I would be a total and utter arse not to help them both.

• Like 4

Sam, thank you for helping them, i am pleased the little boy is coming to you, hopefully he will see that not all adults behave that way towards one another.

Sad to read the little girls op has been put back, hopefully more donors will come forwards

Can we help with a donation? Or toys for the little lad? Shout up if you think there's owt we can do Sam. I know not all of us are in a position to help or give much but a few pounds here and there can add up.

Thank you so much I think we are okay at the moment but I will let you know if we do need any help going forward. Manusha loves drawing and colouring so we are going to start with pencils and drawing pads, a kite because Mark loves kites and then lego if I can find it here because lets face it we all love lego :)

Manusha also loves cars so today Mark let him sit in the car and beep the horn and rev the engine which put a huge smile on his face , I doubt he has had much else to smile about watching his mother be kicked to crap the last few days :(

Sam you are a truly awesome and inspiring person :lily: The world would be a poorer place without you. Most abusers have been brought up in violent households, so you and Mark are teaching this little boy a different way, even if you don't realise that. You will no doubt leave a lasting impression on his life and he will never forget the life lessons you are inadvertently teaching him, which could well shape the man he will become. He'll see what a marriage should be like, with no violence. Gawd that sounds soppy but it's true :flowers: Good on your landlady as well - please tell her we think she's a luffly person too.

Gardener finally came today while I was at work. He's shaped the borders by taking off the top layer of grass to extend them and is coming back Thursday to finish up, which I hope means he's going to dig the borders over because they are rock hard and dry at the moment.

I can't believe the garden is so dry again already after the torrential rain we had on Saturday. I've just been out with the hose.

Got an appointment at the vets with Timmy on Thursday - he's got a little hard lump on his tummy which isn't a fatty lump.

• Like 1