UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

I've just been chatting to our dog walker and she was telling me that she, her husband, a couple of friends and some family members were supposed to be in Nepal when the earthquake hit. When she took the d.w business over though she realised that she wouldn't have been able to take the time off so they postponed it. They are frequent visitors to Nepal - her husband is a mountain guide - and they actually got engaged there. She was telling me that there are such a lot of street dogs. They went off on a very long hike and one followed them and kept them company all the way and he looked very much like my Archie. I told her Sam was flying out on Saturday to help the WVS and she was so happy to hear that aid was being organised for the animals.

• Like 1

Lol Merledogs, well at least you asked him instead of leaving it and then it bugging you in the end, now you know it won't be a wonky wall Lol

got to take deags to the vet tonight, will be a taxi or bus as dads car is in for service, she is scared of my dads new car anyway, had to go round the car park at dog training and approach from behind another car but as soon as she realised what was going on she dug her heels in and wouldn't budge

I did not get my train trip yesterday as when double checking the forms I found something I had missed, and needed to get hold of mum's financial adviser to explain how I should answer it. He was out of office until 5 but then sorted it for me. All done now, heading for station shortly.

No I have tried umpteen times to send a small donation and it won't go through. I have cleared my cache and even used a proxy server in an effort to make it take my dosh - nothing works! I think I had this trouble once before when I was trying to help Sam.

I gotta go make the tea now. I will try later from my tablet.

Thank you so much Yantan , I think you did have trouble before and I can't remember if we ever worked out why ! if want to donate via paypal you can do so direct to our account [email protected] and I can transfer it to WVS

For those of you not on Facebook this is what we are actually doing in Nepal

Mark and I are flying into Nepal tomorrow evening as disaster emergency relief coordinators for WVS. We will be taking in urgently needed veterinary supplies and working to support the local charities to assess the immediate situation and help create sustainable plans to ensure that the incoming aid and volunteers can help the maximum number of animals & people in Nepal.

We don’t know how long we will be overseas or what level of internet access we will have so please bear with us.

I am off to the airport shortly , the plan is to post an update daily on Facebook either on our page or via WVS but I will try to pop in here every now and then to update

Working for me just now.

Thank you so much x