UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

Sam - it's awful isn't it? I can't even begin to comprehend how those poor people must be feeling.

Have done my first trip to the tip. It's near the city centre and traffic was horrible, so I might have to wait until the weekend to do the rest of it, unless there's room in the skip once the builders have finished piling up their stuff.

I have 2 days off next week, so with it being a bank holiday I'm only working tues/weds :pinkie:

Edited by merledogs

Have done another trip to the tip - traffic was much lighter. Glad I've got rid of all that lot, but my car will need a good clean out. Have to take some plants/pots into work for my colleague tomorrow, so will wait until after that and give it a good clean at the weekend.

Builder said the job's likely to run into early next week (they work bank holidays). I was hoping it would be finished by Friday so I could have my noo patio in time for the bank holiday, which I could then spend pottering in the garden and getting it sorted. Never mind, the following weekend I have a four day weekend so will make the most of it.

awww that's nice Merledogs, at least you know it has gone to someone who will appreciate being given it. Hopefully the patio will evolve quicker than you think

Thinking of both Gooster and Suzeanna today and hope they are coping

Gooster / Suzeanna , so sorry for your losses

One of the International charities is keen to get Mark and I into Nepal to do an assessment so they know who and want they need to send in , I under that outside Kathmandu many of the villages have been raised to the ground so there is live stock issues plus roaming dog issues

awful just awful

It certainly puts any problems and sorrows we have into perspective Sam.

It's odd how empty the house feels, even though Rosie is still here. I feel ..not relieved, that's not the right word.. but I've spent the last three weeks or so very tense hoping he would be ok and now it's final it has taken some of that pressure off, though of course I miss him but not so much as Philip does, Dylan was very much his daddy's boy and he's finding it very hard. Jayne's kitties will be giving her some comfort, I hope.

Thanks guys. Walter and Jessie are certainly doing their best to keep me occupied. My house has lots of pictures of Charlie, every now and again I catch one in my sight and realise I'm never going to give him a cuddle again.

It was a release when he went though, the vet asked if we wanted more time with him, but because he was seizing and had been doing for an hour and a half, I just told the vet to end his suffering as soon as he could. It was a horrid situation, but the decision was very easy to make. I had no regrets about the timing of saying goodbye to him. I think it will hit me more tomorrow when I go round to walk the dogs and only have to walk two, not 3 to walk. He was part of my life for just over half my life, he was one in a million. Couldn't have asked more from him.

Suzeanna, i understand what you mean... you are no longer watching and wondering if you are doing the right things for him

Gooster, that must have been an awful thing to see ((hugs))

Morning Merledogs, were you overdoing it with your clearing out of the garage??

got the drs this morning, had to be up at 6 as they can only do me a early morning appointment... i booked 2 weeks ago too, asked for afternoon and was told first thing or nothing! hopefully she will be able to sort me out with the right size catheters as the ones that horrid nurse ordered me are double the size i was using and they were a struggle, i swear she did it just to make me fail and have to ask her for help...not going to happen Lol

Griff, you should complain about that...incorrect size catheters could cause you damage and make you more liable to bladder infections. She's guilty of carelessness at best and medical negligence at worst!

I went for a blood pressure check yesterday (it was fine) but then nurse wants a blood test for chloresterol and a urine sample for diabetes. I told her in no uncertain terms that regardless of the result I wouldn't be going near statins with a barge pole, too many people I know have been made really ill on them..she didn't like that much. She then asked about my diet and grudgingly admitted it was ok apart from..wait for it...I shouldn't be eating cheese, fat is bad for you. Well no, actually you need fat in your diet so long as it's the right sort, and I need calcium and cheese gives you that. Yes but you can eat..and here came a list of other things, none of which I like. Sorry, but they can stuff their advice..I'm already suffering from at least two and possible three conditions that could kill me and unpleasant side effects from the drugs to stop them doing just that, I'm damned if I'll go without food or alcohol I enjoy. Mutter mutter mutter.....

• Like 1

Thanks for asking Alex!! Shame. Sorry you are poorly.

I am on rest from running / exercising again as I have hurt myself! It started when I was sitting on the sofa on Saturday night when I had excruciating pain through my hip and leg. Apparently I have hurt my l1 and l2 nerve. So I am back to alternating between sitting and standing for short periods of a time.

Thoughts to those in Nepal.

xx