UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

It's so cold and wet and slushy with the hailstones that fell earlier this morning that I don't want to go out with Archie. I'll have to go though. He doesn't care!

Alex I hope your pains stop soon. I don't miss all that at all! Although the hot flushes that have replaced it are a bitch. I was woken several times through the night dripping in sweat. I put the fan on to cool me down and find that it also wakes me up fully so I end up reading for an hour or so. The interrupted sleep is starting to take a toll on me.

Sorry to hear you have period pain Alex. I must say that is one massive benefit of being on the pill. Life won't be the same when they take me off it.

Cocoa has been chasing one of his toy mice around the flat, he cries to let you know he has brought a present for you. He has been doing it for the last 30mins which is very cute!

Glad your knee is on the mend Owl.

How is your captured dog Sam?

• Like 1

im fuming!

just rung the surgeons secretary, as she hasn't rung me. she spoke to the surgeon, but he didn't actually tell her what to do, so shes done nothing in over a week, not rung me, and hes off this week!

im in ruddy agony, got wrist straps on.

you know ill be moving the week of my op don't you? lol

Well Archie and I have had our walk and the weather stayed fine throughout - yay!

Murtle Coco's antics have made me smile :) My soul-cat, Celie, used to love the butterflies that landed in the big buddleia bush we had a couple of houses ago. She would try and stalk them all the while making the most dawg-awful noise - a mix of chattering and a sort of miaow that sounded as thought she was very vex. She never ever caught one. I used to ask her if she was trying to deafen them to death.

Alicia your surgeons secretary doesn't sound awfully efficient.

Murtle, it was great when i was on the pill, went on it at 13 and stayed on it until 22...was great knowing when my time of the month was going to be, hardly any pain at all. I had to come off it for surgery.... i tried it again about 5 years ago and i ended up with the most awful headache imaginable, stopped the pill and the pain went, not sure if i can have anything like that now so i just have to put up with heavy periods and agonising stomach pains that make me faint an throw up..lovely Lol

I also feel somewhat cheated, it is likely i will never be able to have children due to the chemotherapy i have.. so i get to have the pains for nothing

Jazz, some of the secretarys amaze me... i do wonder how the heck they get the job and keep it, one of my consultants has an awesome secretary.. she is so very very kind and helpful, there is another one in the department who picks up the phone and takes messages and she is bl**dy horrible, i was really sick and Dr D always told me to call him if i needed to..if i felt sick, if i had questions, if i needed help etc.... i rang and left a message to say i was really ill and didn't know what to do as my gp was on holiday and 3 days later there was no response, i called again and she shouted at me! telling me she had passed the message and he had got it, i got a call from him 10 minutes later...he had only just got the message, i should have just asked for his mobile number

Merledogs, i hope you feel better soon

Yantan, likewise, i hope you can get a good nights sleep soon

Owl, glad to hear the knee is on the mend

Made myself veg curry for tea so i am very very happy

Moaning :tired:

Hope you get it sorted jazz :flowers:

Griff - have you tried Buscopan for the pain? It's great for when you have dire rear as well because it stops the cramping.

My period has been absolutely dire this time - probably cos I went ages without one and then a not very heavy one a month ago. I've never known anything like it - I felt like I was haemorrhaging and having to change my tampon/pad combination every half hour. Yesterday was the worst but thankfully it's slowed now (apologies to any blokes reading).

Edited by merledogs

Alex, I used to be like that...I couldn't go out of the house for the first couple of days for fear of flooding. In the end I went into hospital as a day patient for a D&C, and it did improve things no end. My lady doctor also gave me HRT before I started the menopause as a blood test showed I was perimenopausal, and I sailed through the whole thing with no hot flushes, no mood swings (well, no more than normal!) and even when I stopped taking it, I didn't get menopausal symptoms.

My high blood pressure seems to be getting higher..phoned the GP and she said double your dose of medication. Great. More side effects, no doubt. Thing is, the drug I take to control my Essential Thrombocythaemia is known to put your BP up, so I have to take a drug to counteract the drug! Griff, you probably know only too well what it's like, it's a ruddy merry go round that you can't get off. There are times I wonder whether I should just dump the lot of them and let nature take its course. :confused:

• Like 1

I take 32 pills a day. I might be ill, but you should see me if I don't take them lol

I set the alarm for being awake for the warden, as she got me up last week. dogs are fed, im on my second coffee, but I know she will turn up if I have my breakfast lol

back door is open, its nice out there