UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fine Findings

Jazz

Funny how different the weather can be on our little island! I came out of a meeting and had to walk to the car and it was torrential. Of course now I have walked and driven in it, it has stopped raining 😄

We bought a nutribullet, I think it is an expensive blender but Ben was sold the idea by some of his cycling buddies. We've been having a juice in the morning for a week now and it is certainly helping me feel healthier and more awake. I put spinach or kale in it with fruit so a great way to get nutrients into me. The drinks taste quite good as well considering i just chuck anything into it. One day I might follow some of the recipes but at the moment I am trying to use up Ben's excessive fruit purchases...

Yantan, I swear Archie has a better social life than me 🐾🐾🐾💖

the dogs have been acting strange, well, more strange than normal .. the last few days. mouse keeps pushing merlin off the sofa so she can sit next to me. no there isn't anyone sat the other side lol

ive had a shower and the washing is on, that will do

flippin dogs have just splattered mud all up the wall of the stairs...needs painting again now. i desperately need to sort this fake grass stuff out... chance to get some money saved up would be nice, the back lawns are just a lake of clay mud, the dogs have just covered themselves in it running round and ran it all in the house, all up the stairs and i am not a happy camper, i used one of those things that take out a core of mud for you to put sand in to help with drainage...made no difference though. I can't even fence it off as there will be nowhere for them to go to the loo..plus i tried that before with diez and laney and it was a instant fail as they demolished the fence Lol

Griff, if there is a problem with drainage you would need to sort that out as otherwise the rain would just lie on the surface.?

We looked into it at one point but you need to prepare the base the same as you would do for laying slabs, so level ground and cover with sand. Then once the grass is down you need to spread sand over it to keep it stable. It involves a lot of work and costs a lot. It has to be laid properly to be successful.

We did away with our grass and laid part of our garden with decorative slabs and the other part was bark on top of landscape fabric for the dogs to use as a toilet. Once a year I lifted the spent bark and put it on the shrub beds then put down fresh bark on the dog's bit. Drainage wasnlt a problem though, as the garden had a natural gradual slope.

It certainly saved a lot of muck being brought into the house.

Before we sold the house we lifted the bark and laid more slabs with a drainage channel between the two sections.

Today is likely to be work stressful, I note work stressful as really no one will die if the work doesn't happen, but it will be weeks of blaming and meetings to assign more blame which I'd like to avoid. But why, would my stakeholder only tell me yesterday that he will struggle to complete the document we have been working towards for the last 10days and that is needed today... 😣 means I was up late and early writing it for him! Hopefully it will be a nice surprise for him though this morning when he opens his mailbox...just have to review it and make any changes!!

We have a smaller problem with muddy paws from our cats who like to mark our white bed linen when they come back in. We found white was better as at least we can bleach it clean. Luckily they don't mark the walls, apart from one corner where they all like to rub their mucky chins...they only started doing it when we had new wall paper put up...

Wow, just opened the curtains and it is bright and sunny outside!!

Sorry to hear about your day Sam. Hope today is better. xx