UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

A sad anniversary for you, hope you have happy memories as well as sad ones x

Owl, people see what they want to see, and not enough people are big enough to say they were mistaken and got things wrong. I'm no longer friendly with someone who used to be on here because we took opposing views over something (nothing to do with Britain) and she was extremely hostile about it. I would have been happy to agree to differ, but her attitude didn't make that possible. Sad really as we were real time friends not just internet ones.

• Like 1

Hi Liz nice to see you even though it's a sad anniversary :GroupHug:

Thanks folks for the Chrissy pressie ideas. I have kicked off my shopping :)

Suzeanna it's awful isn't it when you have a fall out with a pal. I know I have become friends with certain people that I have met through internet forums and then been very disappointed in their behaviour.

The best realisation I ever had is that I don't need many friends, I just need true friends. Sometimes I find this hard too as I struggle to open up to people, and then when I do open up I push them away! The true friends I have know this and push back!

Nice to see BM, sorry it's a sad anniversary.

I have told my boss I am sick of his jokes about me sitting at home on the sofa blah blah blah...and hopefully cleared the air.

Now sitting in an estate agents about to look at properties...first step of the future hopefully!

Plenty of happy memories as well as sad thank you :) Still waging war with tax people and our legal claim remains unresolved. It would be nice to get these things behind us but otherwise okay & my Mum makes an effort to get herself out & do stuff which is great. Our village coffee morning has been a godsend for her - I thought it would be when they moved here.

We picked Sadie up this morning and I was a bit trepidacious that she might have a go at The Archibald coz they hadn't seen each other for 3 weeks. It happened the last time she hadn't seen him for a while.

Anyway Cara and I did an introduction before I loaded them both into the car but kept them seperate from one another. They then had a luffley walk together and did lots of mad running. Archie is Sadie's only friend and I'd like her to keep the friendship. She just goes ballistic when she encounters other dogs because of her previous life. I have no idea why she's taken to Archie. Cara reckons Arch "just gets her".

Tomorrow and Friday is dog walker day when Archie gets to play with some of his other friends so he'll have had a very sociable week by the time he's done. Of course if he could be the same sociable little guy at home the way he is outside it he would have had another brother or sister by now.

Alex just throw that shite right back!

What grieves me is that my father died fighting fascists, and now some who I thought were friends or at least respected acquaintances are rushing to embrace the claptrap coming from Britain First, a group who have hijacked Remembrance Day for their own ends. They sell poppy brooches, identical to the British Legion ones, at inflated prices and keep the proceeds for their political party. Even the Telegraph, hardly a bunch of subversives, have attacked their conduct. I need to get my act together and address a few direct words to some of these former friends. And then go offline for a few days until the dust settles. No one on here, I hasten to add. I am just so sad that they don't have the perception to see the way they are being led by the nose.

I join you in the amazed corner re Britain First followers , I understand they are very clever in their marketing and lots of folk were sharing things accidentally at first ( dog abuse post for example ) but now I am sure most people do know what they are and I am sad to see how easily people share things on Facebook with out checking out the validity of the statement

Hello Fugees

A year ago yesterday that we lost Dad to the evil mesothelioma. Along with the sad memories, I remembered the kindness and support shown to me by people here so I've just popped in to say hi and to wish you all well.

I think I'm spotting a few of you in the Dogstar Auction on Facebook. Still think you are an inspiring lady Sam & just read above about your lovely gifts to people in need

Liz x

Hello Liz , Mark and I are keeping you and your mum in our thoughts

am blushing at being called a lady !

A sad anniversary for you, hope you have happy memories as well as sad ones x

Owl, people see what they want to see, and not enough people are big enough to say they were mistaken and got things wrong. I'm no longer friendly with someone who used to be on here because we took opposing views over something (nothing to do with Britain) and she was extremely hostile about it. I would have been happy to agree to differ, but her attitude didn't make that possible. Sad really as we were real time friends not just internet ones.

Thats very sad to read , although I have never met you I would love to be your real time friend so I think its her loss

ive found that now im not running round for people, getting stuff for their rescue or selling stuff, they don't want to know me. sod em

this is when I really find out who friends are. im afraid there arnt many

Your preaching to the converted here sister , when we were leaving to come to Sri Lanka we had so so so so so much to do , house to clear etc and Mark posted a number of times on Facebook asking people we had helped over the years to come and help us and not a single one of them did , not one ! a vet nurse at our practice and her husband offered to help assisted by my 75 year old mother and with out them I would be still be there now packing boxes

Ditto fund raising stall for Dogstar , I spent many weekends running stalls for other people over the years but when ever I asked if anyone could return the favour , nothing !

Now I used to be cross and bitter but I am not now , their behaviour defines them not me , I am not lacking in anything because they would not help me ,

The best realisation I ever had is that I don't need many friends, I just need true friends. Sometimes I find this hard too as I struggle to open up to people, and then when I do open up I push them away! The true friends I have know this and push back!

Now sitting in an estate agents about to look at properties...first step of the future hopefully!

I think in the age of Facebook and Forums we thought we all needed 477 best friends but we don't !

Moving how exciting :)

I had some good news at work today - lovely pay rise and bonus. Then later on someone started chucking sh*t in my direction, which may well stick. So I've gone from being happy to peed off in the space of a few hours :(

Good news on the lovely pay raise and bonus , clearly your boss thinks you are worth it so pass the shite back and plan your bonus shopping spree :)

I love moving. I don't like this bit, waiting for somewhere, but cant wait to get the notepaD OUT AND WRITING LISTS

How are your plans for moving going ?

We picked Sadie up this morning and I was a bit trepidacious that she might have a go at The Archibald coz they hadn't seen each other for 3 weeks. It happened the last time she hadn't seen him for a while.

Anyway Cara and I did an introduction before I loaded them both into the car but kept them seperate from one another. They then had a luffley walk together and did lots of mad running. Archie is Sadie's only friend and I'd like her to keep the friendship. She just goes ballistic when she encounters other dogs because of her previous life. I have no idea why she's taken to Archie. Cara reckons Arch "just gets her".

Tomorrow and Friday is dog walker day when Archie gets to play with some of his other friends so he'll have had a very sociable week by the time he's done. Of course if he could be the same sociable little guy at home the way he is outside it he would have had another brother or sister by now.

Alex just throw that shite right back!

Do you have any Sadie and Archie photos pretty pretty please with cherries on top :)

Thanks for that Sam!

Alex, jump on whatever it is that has been said or done before it gains ground, and ask whoever started it why exactly it is they want to cause trouble for you? Maybe you are more successful at your job than they are and they are jealous? My OH said to ask you exactly what those strange words you used mean..."pay rise" and "bonus". He says they don't exist in the company he works for! Doesn't help that it's American owned.