UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

Oh.Deep.Joy. They have put scaffolding up at the neighbours on the other side of us in preparation for builders to come in. That's builders working on both sides of us now :( Plus the house 2 doors down has been sold and will need significant upgrading and so there will be builders starting there before very long :(

We are all a bit pi$$ed off as we've lost permanent neighbours, due to divorce, and the house has been bought to turn into yet another holiday home. The last 4 houses sold on this street have gone from having permanent residents to holiday homes. It diminishes the neighbourhood feel. Of the 30 houses on the street 12 are now second homes with one other in limbo. It's been sold but we don't know if the new owners will be living in it or turning it into a holiday let. When we first moved here 14 years ago only 4 of the houses were second homes.

My aunt lived in a tourist area.

All the houss bar hers and her friend two doors down became holiday houses. They weren't let but used by different members of the extended families from time to time. The street was deserted in the off season apart from two old ladies.

When she died her house was sold supposedly to live in-that was the story we got- but it is actually a second home for a guy who lives and works in Edinburgh.

Griff

Liquorice water will soothe her cough- use the hard sticks of liquorice root, not the sweet liquorice.

licquorice root (you get some of the sticks from the health food shop, boil a kettle of water, pour into a bowl, float a stick it in, add a teaspoon of honey whilst water is still hot, leave water to cool, fish the stick out, transfer water to dogs bowl....and then use same stick once more to make up the next batch for when you need to change the water).

my vet told me to use kids cough medicine, sugar free. always keep some in

the social services are coming Friday to assess me for carers. she must have been told no to assessing me to move, as that woman is coming next Thursday so that will decide my future

Uuurgghh. I had Archie and Sadie out for a walk this morning. When I came back I took my hoody off and sat down to enjoy a cuppa. I felt something very lightly tickling my arm and when I looked down there was a bloody tick roaming about looking for a place to latch on. I cracked it between my fingernails. I'm glad it hadn't got stuck in but am paranoid there might be more on me!

I also thought I was in for a nice quiet bank holiday weekend with just a couple of mornings of watching Evie but the van arrived not long ago with a load of packing for me so I will have to get stuck in. Shouldn't complain really though - the money is very welcome!

eugggggghhhhhhhhhhhh they showed me a tick at the vets...yacky things

Jazz, they told me to give her kids benilyn so i have got her some blackcurrant flavour but i don't think it is sugar free, she didn't mention that

Blackmagic, i have been to holland and barrett and got some liquorice root, might have accidentally bought my mum and dad some raspberry flavour liquorice too, well it was in the penny sale

doesn't matter too much if its not sugar free, the amount they have.

its been a productive day, just got to worry about this Friday and next Thursday now, at least that will be the end of it

the council rung this afternoon, so I told her everything, again.

Hello you lovely lot.

Hope the building isn't too noisy and the nice neighbours make up for the lack of neighbours.

Good luck with the visits Jazz.

I've never been to either Blackmagic, I will one day!

Turned cold here and my whinging didn't work for cake so I am going to go home and sob into my gruel 😢😢😢

awwww that is sad Jazz, i am sure he knew how much he was loved and wanted though which is a good thing

Merledogs, enjoy working from home, i am sure the dogs will be chuffed to bits

Murtle, enjoy your bank holiday

I am knackered still, kota was still coughing in the night but she seems much happier today, not sure she is going to be happy with me keeping her in though. Got to cook my stuff today for the produce show, i am just going to enter a couple of things, one of them i have never made before... could be a disaster

Aw Jazz I feel for that lady and her dog. My George died from liver failure :mecry:

I have all this work to do and what have I done so far? Found any old excuse not to get stuck in is what. Ruby is working from home today and is currently engaged in a conference call whilst sitting in her bed. I do hope it's not video enabled!

Good luck with the cooking Griff. Do you watch The Great British Bake Off? I normally love it but am struggling a bit with the current series. I am not finding any of the contestants particularly appealing and the stuff they are coming up with is lacking va-va-voom. Mel and Sue are starting to grate on me too. Still love Mary Berry though and Paul is OK.