UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

i do watch the great british bake off, i watch it on a sunday on catch up and the first week i had watched the jo brand program on friday so i knew who was getting kicked out. To be honest, we usually pick one person who p*sses us off straight off and watch hoping they get kicked out, last time i think, we picked ruby and she stayed to the end Lol.... i couldn't be doing with all her fake ooo i don't know if i am good enough blub blub blub, i do agree i don't really think anyone really stands out at all wether that be for getting on my nerves or for being outstanding, i do like the lady who gets her old man to make all her gadgets Lol

i have made up my cherry cake, misread the instructions and it turns out it takes 30 mins on 1 temp and 45 on another aaaahhhhh, never mind, baked my victoria sponge and that is cooling, tried some biccies but not sure as i a&sed about with adding chocolate Lol, just got the scones to mix and then cook and i have washed up 4 times already, all this to win a first prize of ......... 50p Lol, the money goes to the legion i think so i don't mind...my dad might when he sees the gas bill Lol

Just had the trainer from dog training on, i had called her last night to say we wouldn't be going on monday due to dakota having kennel cough, she said that another dog from the class had also got it and a dog who wasn't there monday had had it the week before so she has taken the decision to shut the class to make sure that all off the dogs are clear and hopefully nip it in the bud, there is no saying the dogs even got it from one another because my vet said they have had loads of cases in so it is rife at the moment, i thought it was really good of her to do that, we now are finished for a month and will go back on sept 22nd

i have baked a cherry cake, victoria sponge, white choc biccies and scones the first lot are in the oven..... not sure about the biccies so will test them on my mum and dad andsee what they say, i am bloody knackered

white choccy bikkies and scone *eyes glaze over*

its my birthday Saturday did I mention it? lol

I need you all praying at 10am and 2.30 pm tomorrow please, everyone, friends, family, im having the final assessment for moving. this will also depend if I have a nice birthday

Lol, i am really not a very good cook Jazz and i hope they don't say who has cooked what as i don't want someone coming and telling me how sh*t it tasted Lol, the vitoria sponge was a paul hollywood one and my mum says it is a very light cake...no idea if that is good or bad, it only takes 20 minutes to cook and you can do most of it with a mixer... you just have to fold in the flour. The cherry cake is a jane asher one... that is really worrying me to be honest, i have no idea how it is going to taste

Good luck for tomorrow Jazz, hopefully things will go your way

*fingers crossed* Alicia

I've had awful awful AWFUL toothache the past day or so, ended up at the dentists for an emergency appointment yesterday instead of being in work - you all know how I feel about the dentist so for me to go sit in a waiting room praying they'd see me soon shows how bad its been. Nothing showed up on an xray so he thinks its an abcess below the gum line, so am on antibiotics and taking both ibruprofen and paracetemol 2 hours apart and have some magic gel stuff to rub on it as well. Got up this morning and held my breath - the throbbing has subsided *yayyy* but its like having a loaded gun in my mouth - brushed my teeth and owwwwwwwwwwwww eventually it subsided then the tesco delivery came and I had to bend down to put stuff in the freezer and again owwwwwwwwwwwww tring to do things slowwwwwly now in order not to upset it any more.

the councils assesser came. they sent her because she wont commit like everyone has. I need level access bungalow or flat, she says, shes put I need watching, but not put 'warden' and she wont say priority like all the others, so might be the band down, so could be here another year! Im praying the council will look at the majority. they will make a decision next week

got the assesser for carers at 2.30. she said she will do a supporting letter

Just read on dp that KatsnGreys lloyd has gone to rainbow bridge, how very sad for them

Jazz, hope they will take the majority as the recommendation

Snow, hope your tooth settles down

dropped my cakes over last night, they are going to auction them off after the show, cheeky sods in the bar thought they could just have them afterwards... if they want them they will have to pay now Lol.

Hope your tooth is better soon Snow :flowers:

Sorry to hear about Lloyd :(

Finally got to prebook my Mexico seats. Was a bit peeved though as the seating plan *should* have been released at midnight last night. I stayed up till 12.30 and kept refreshing it to check, but no seating plan appeared, so I gave up and went to sleep. Logged on at 7.10 this morning to find that the seating plan had been released and the seats I wanted (either 1a or 1j) had gone :angry: So doG knows what time it went online :rolleyes: Have still got a window seat there and back, so it could be worse - I could be stuck in the crappy middle batch of seats :laugh:

Am on dog duty this weekend. Got here to find that they had put the dishwasher on and not emptied it, and dad had put the bins out at the front (it's not bin day till Monday :rolleyes: ) He obviously doesn't trust me to remember to put them out - it's a total pain in the ass though as it means you have to unlock the front door and go round the side of the house to put anything in the outside bin (like poo bags, guinea pig shavings, food tins etc). He has been away for 3 weeks, I think he has missed putting the bins out :laugh:

Moaning :tired:

Gorgeous George (cat from over the road) is getting more used to the dogs now. They are sh*t scared of him lol. He was on a dog bed on the floor in the living room this morning when we came down. Kinky's started coming in on her own now as well, so I don't have to open the front door to call her before I go to bed, which was a bit hit and miss trying to get her in, cheeky madam.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1