UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

Morning.

Back in bed with a huge mug of coffee. Esther isn't coming for Archie until noon so I thought a nice lazy lie-in would be nice. I finished off my work order yesterday so have no reason to be up and at 'em.

It's very overcast here and a tad on the cold side. I hope it doesn't rain as the local annual agricultural show is on today. It's been cancelled several times in recent years due to bad weather and almost didn't survive die to lack of funding and loss of it's tradional showground. A bunch of dedicated people pulled together to make it happen this year so I hope it is a sucess. I can't go because of all the horses which I am very allergic too. I once passed out down there after a reaction to the gee gees so learnt my lesson and stay clear.

Healing thoughts for Gru

I am on stalker watch.

I helped support a checkpoint for a new running event T184. Thames barrier to Thames source unsupported (meaning they have to carry everything they need for 184 miles non stop).

The drop out rate has been high but we are stalking the remaining runners on a tracking system.

And Another one has just come in...leaving 6 still out there! They have until 18:30 to complete it having started on Friday in London!!

Seems odd as In between seeing them on the CP on Saturday evening I have slept twice, been to a christening and lunch and watched a couple of films...and they have been out following the Thames path...

I am not putting my heating on. I refuse to put it on in August. I have just had a nice loonnngggg hot shower though and put my fleecy pjs on!!

Went out for a bike ride when I got home from work - covered 12.4 miles including a rather evil steep hill (I just kept hearing Mr G's spin voice telling me to DIG DEEP :laugh: ) in the just short of 2 hours I was out, my new neighbour was still parked on the sofa. I know I am a busy bee, but whenever I walk past my neighbour's house, she is parked on the sofa watching the tv. I would say she is my age, never goes out unless it is to the shops to buy more fags, and just sits watching the telly all day. I have no idea how she hasn't gone absolutely mental!!! I like a veg on the sofa every now and again, but to spend all day every day there is a bit extreme!!

evening all , its a brisk 29 degrees here

Gru is on the mend but yesterday I was floored by a tropical bug from hell , Gru was my bathroom buddy and whilst I was retching up my small intestines he sat next to me licking my arms , I think it was his way of paying me back for sitting with him when he was very poorly on saturday !

Gru had another visit from one of favourite young vets yesterday Dr Roshan , Dr R clearly learnt his English ( which is better than mine ) from the Downtown Abbey Sinhlala - English course because every time before he goes he says " may I take my leave from you now ? "

My cleaning lady calls me Madam so actually it is getting more like Downton every day

Must dash is I think I hear the dinner gong

• Like 1

Lol, HLGS that did make me chuckle about Downton....not about you being poorly, hope you and Gru both feel better soon

Hi Owl

Hello All, i have been good, had my stitches out... they were done very tight so that hurt a bit, went and got my dad his stuff from town and came home, on the bus a old chap came along with a walking stick and a limp, he was asking to go to town and how much the fare was, he had only got notes....£10 being the smallest, he had a tiny bit of change but not enough to pay his fare, i jumped up and paid his fare to town... he was so appreciative and as i got off the bus the driver said it was really nice of me and it was my good deed done, i was laughing my head off at her and said she better not tell anyone as i had worked hard to get my reputation as a b*tch and i didn't want people thinking i was going soft Lol. got in and called the hospital, i had made an appointment on saturday and managed to double book myself for the day so i called to change my apointment, my first appt was october 8th, next appoitment they could give me was november 12!!!! i took it but called my consultants secretary to request more blood forms to see me through and she has given me an appointment for either september or october which is a lot better

• Like 1

The sky is a beautiful blue but it's perishing cold here. Brrrrrrr. I had to get up and get a fleecy top to put on over my polo shirt and find a pair of socks for my cold tootsies. I am now being typically British and wearing sandals with socks!

:laugh: at Sam and the quaintness of the language. I remember being introduced to the brother of the chap who looked after us in west Africa and on hearing he was in a band I asked what he played. "I is the feckin trumpatist" was the reply. I don't know where he learned his English but it was peppered with swear words and words that were totally made up. It was hard not to snort. No doubt he was equally amused with my attempts to speak his native language.

Griff that was a lovely thing to do really lovely you are top girl and don't let anyone tell you otherwise , I love reading things like that it reminds me that we can all do nice things with no expectation of anything in return

Tight stitches are awful and do hurt poor you , when Grandma squirrel had stitches in her face the nurse was having real trouble getting them out and made her cry ( not an easy thing to do ) eventualy Grandma Squirrel had enough and told them it would be fine as her daughter could do them at home and was medically trained ! she did not tell them I worked with dogs but she was right I did get them all out without making her cry but she was not keen on me taking her temperature :eh:

Yantan that made me laugh no wonder you had trouble not snorting

Lol, it is odd how people pick stuff up. i can remember my brother coming back from visiting family in ireland and him getting a right telling off for saying feckin..... he had picked it up off the kids over there who were about 3 and saying it Lol

HLGS, i bet she would worry about you taking her temperature....i mean you never know where the thermometer could end up Lol, i should have got you to fetch my stitches out when you were over, they had been in 12 days as i couldn't see the nurse with it being bank holiday

i must admit, it did feel nice to be able to help somebody out..... i won't be making a habit of it though, at £2 a go i couldn't afford to do it very often.