UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jolly Japes

Jazz

Jayne I hope you soon feel better. It's pants being under the weather. I had no idea when I was feeling so wretched over the weekend that by today I would be just about back to normal but I am very thankful that I do!

Jazz I bought myself some spaghetti string tops for wearing in bed when it's hot and a couple of pairs of shorts. I'd never go out wearing them because they are not flattering to my body shape but they are ideal for summer jim jams. Last night though I had to get a long pair of PJ bottoms out as it was a tad chilly. I even had to shut the bedroom window!

I can get no enthusiasm up whatsoever for the Commonwealth Games and yet I LOVED the Olympics :rolleyes:

I've bought poster paints, brushes, sponges, mixing dishes and a coverall for Evie when she's here as I thought we could have an arts and crafts session. I may live to regret it!

Jayne, how long have you had the cough for now? if it is 3 weeks go back to your doctor please. Hope you feel better soon

Yantan, glad to read you are a bit better today, i reckon archie is going to get decorated Lol

Jazz, good news about the forms

Murtle, you sound very busy

Merledogs, hope you can catch up on your sleep

i have been a bit rough again, Dakota is keeping me on my toes and we went off on our walk yesterday to find a skip on a field that no vehicles are to drive onto.... today there is a van and this is the 4th vehicle in 2 weeks so i called the council.... the skip is getting removed as the vehicle shouldn't have driven on there and the highway inspector is off to put a padlock on the bollards to stop the vehicles gaining access, there are a load of travellers about at the moment and the last thing we want is the field being destroyed by them again, also the people who have the skip have done it so they don't have to pay for a permit for it to be on the road, that they don't have to lose a parking space on the road and so they don't have to have all the crap dragged through their house, they are going to get a bit of a surprise Lol

Jazz, use bicarbonate of soda, get a few pots and scatter it on the carpet, leave it for as long as you can and then hoover it up..... it absorbs odours and there is no smell to it at all. Also if you can, test a small area first but mix up a solution of biological washing powder and put it into a sprayer, lightly spray the carpet and leave to dry, i used it when dex pee'd on my carpet and it got shot of the smell of cat pee no bother

Jayne I hope you soon feel better. It's pants being under the weather. I had no idea when I was feeling so wretched over the weekend that by today I would be just about back to normal but I am very thankful that I do!

Jazz I bought myself some spaghetti string tops for wearing in bed when it's hot and a couple of pairs of shorts. I'd never go out wearing them because they are not flattering to my body shape but they are ideal for summer jim jams. Last night though I had to get a long pair of PJ bottoms out as it was a tad chilly. I even had to shut the bedroom window!

I can get no enthusiasm up whatsoever for the Commonwealth Games and yet I LOVED the Olympics :rolleyes:

I've bought poster paints, brushes, sponges, mixing dishes and a coverall for Evie when she's here as I thought we could have an arts and crafts session. I may live to regret it!

I have enjoyed watching the shooting coverage on BBC live and BBC 3. The commentators knew their stuff and the commentary was appropriate.

I am not so enamoured by the BBC 1 coverge of the athletics. It seems very slow and stilted with a lot of rambling in between items and several repeats of the action after the event. Could they not have switched to another event rather than fill in time.

My sore throat returned at the weekend so I gave in and went to the doc tor. He gave me an aneasthetic throat spray which would also reduce the swelling. It was like magic.

The leaflet says it is available without prescription so that might be useful in the future for a sore throat.

Cleo likes to use our rug in the living room as her dining room. We spray it with Mistral disinfectant which is pet friendly.

Baddie has found his voice - this is not necessarily a good thing :laughingsmiley: he started slow with a few really funny squeaky uffs yesterday morning at the cat over the road who barely glanced his way and utterly ignored him, yesterday afternoon a deeper more throaty woof put in an appearance but longgggg pauses between woofs - also at the cat over the road who sat and had a good wash whilst still ignoring him :laughingsmiley: last night was a much more impressive deep chesty wooOOOOOffffffff just the one mind at same silly sod cat who had it seems decided to venture onto the fence - this time he didn't ignore Baddie and left as swiftly as he had appeared. This morning has seen a volley of barks starting off squeaky and ending up furious as the cat sauntered past the gate :laughingsmiley: then 5 mins ago Baddie let out the most impressive set of deep chesty bad ass woofs that I've heard in a long time :ohmy: I stuck my head around the corner and he was stood there wagging his tail very proud of himself watching the cat run like hell up the street :laughingsmiley:

Lol, well done Baddie i wonder if he will learn to sing too Lol

Oh dear poor Mouse, i am sure she will drop the extra pounds quickly

this is so sad, it is my mums workmates son

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/health/desperate-race-against-time-find-7527308

if anyone knows anyone in coventry if they could share it i would be really grateful

Moaning :tired:

griff I've shared that on my FB page :flowers:

I have been watching the Commonwealth games but it's not a patch on the Olympics and nor was it ever going to be, but I love athletics and you can see that it means something to the athletes. I agree that some of the blathering in between events is OTT though.