UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

Morning.

Sounds interesting owl.

I agree alex - far too nice to be stuck in an office all day.

I am sat at work trying to get my work done without using my right pointer, as Logan was a git this morning and lunged for his ball as I was picking it up. His tooth ended up going down underneath my nail :crying: It is rather sore now. Time to work on some self control exercises with him again. He was a git at agility yesterday too - jumped on San's Glen for no reason (sorry again San). Its a wonder I have any hair left, I'm sure I've torn it all out at this point.

Ooooh that must hurt Sophie - i think under the nail is one of the most tender places to get injured. Hope it settles itself soon :GroupHug:

Tesco have delivered our groceries for the week. Archie always rushes to the back door to see if it's his favourite driver, Katherine, who always has a treat for him. Sad to say it wasn't Katherine today, we got Joe instead and although he had no treats on him he made a fuss of my lil' man. So much better than the chap who came last week. He was new (to us) and asked if he was safe from "it" meaning Archie. Fancy calling my boy an "IT".He also came to the front door despite the written request to drive down the back lane and deliver to the back door - it's way easier on the driver this way and was grumpy about when I asked him to do just that. I was equally as grumpy with the driver after that and he didn't get much help from me with the unloading or the offer of a hot or cold drink like our regular drivers do.

• Like 1

shame isn't it Yantan when some are so nice then the odd one are absolute divs! i don't blame you for being annoyed with Archie being called it, it really annoys me that, i generally just call all dogs puppy, i always say Hi puppy, are you happy for me to say hi? the owner will either say yes or no... the other thing that bugs me is when people say "put down" instead of put to sleep. put down is an awful term.

Sophie, keep an eye on your finger as it may get infected, when diez was fighting with my mates dog i stuck my hands in between them.... i knew better as well! she went through the side of my finger and when i rang NHS direct they said to go to the hospital/ doctors as bites tend to get infected.

Owl, sounds like you have been very busy!

Alex, hope you manage to get in the garden after work, it is all meant to got back to rain tomorrow isn't it?

ive been to the doctors, shes referred me to the surgeon for my trigger fingers, changed my pills and said id be better off in sheltered housing with my hands going so bad, as im getting much worse. just as im getting flooring put down and the wetroom finished

Don't rush into anything Jazz...wait and see what the surgeon says and how the new pills work. Sheltered housing can be a double edged sword...nice to have a warden on call (assuming they do) but they can be very petty about rules and regulations.

Yantan...many years ago when we had our first dobe, our usual postman absolutely adored her and always had a treat in his pocket...she rushed down the path to meet him so happily until the day that it was a different man. She trotted down to see him and was rewarded with a bicycle wheel in the ribs! (might add, she was only about five months old at the time.) I was fuming...and sadly from that day on, she hated cycles. Not the person on the bike, just the bike! That grew into hating motorbikes too, but we cured her of it by taking her to a motorbike race meeting where dogs were allowed, and walking her round the paddock. There were just so many roaring engines she gave up the whole chasing idea.

Feeling very frustrated with people. I do not claim to be an expert on the behaviour of dogs on the run but know a tad more than someone who has never dealt with them. I am now dealing with one person who says their dog cannot be alive as what would it eat? It's a terrier. In a nature reserve full of rabbits etc!

And another person who cannot believe that the dog (different dog from the terrier) who has been sighted a few times is the missing dog we are after, because a friendly dog like him would go straight to his owner and not hide. So can't believe the sightings, and can't believe Wispa's nose even though she has used the scent from his blanket and tracked straight to a place where someone has seen him a few days ago.

I think it may be harder for people who have had more dogs than me and more years of experience. Their ideas can be more fixed. I came to the world of dogs very late and approached them in the same way that a Star Trek captain would approach a new species of intelligent alien. The more I learn of them, the more they amaze me.

• Like 2

Sorry people are being frustrating Owl, but your last comment did amuse me!

I shared some of the information you have shared on here and told her about doglost with my mom when she lost a dog (she does dog walking) she totally ignored me and then told me about this great site that her friend told her about...yep doglost...

Hope you find the straying dogs and that the terrier has more intelligence than its owner xxx

Edited by murtle

The trouble with people who think they know it all is they won't be told that they don't!

My daughter arrived safely in Alonissos and has a blog to my amazement, as she's not terribly technically minded. She's only got one photo on it so far, as the technicality didn't extend to checking her camera battery!

• Like 1

Some people certainly become entrenched in their views regarding their dogs. My next door neighbour is like that. She's stuck in the Barbara Woodhouse way of the 70's when most, if not all, Woodhouse methods have been discredited. You cannot tell her otherwise as after all she has had dogs all her life and used to have a pet shop so she DOES know what she's talking about. Oh and I have been to lenient with my dogs. Apparently I should have been giving them a good smack and shouting at them. Right, well why do the dogwalkers and many other people compliment me on how well behaved and trained Archie is? She cannot get her dogs to do the things Archie can.

My brother did something akin to your mother Murtle. Despite knowing that I do have a grasp of up-to-date training methods and dog behaviour he chose to turn to his workmate for advice when he got a dog. Why? Because the workmate had a dog silly! Everything the workmate told him was rubbish. I did get him put right eventually but not before they mismanaged some of their pups training and set him off with some bad habits and unwanted behaviour.

Little Evie is not well and will be seeing the doctor today. Poor little mite.

We got some bad news yesterday about a family member who was suddenly taken ill. It looks like they won't be with us much longer and they are 2 years younger than me - it's come as a big shock.

sorry to hear that xxx

I can understand the lady saying about their dog would have come to them. these are so clingy when im at home, once they are in the fields offlead they can run off. why if they are so clingy?

I suppose its the same with the lady

Afternoon. It's 20 degrees here but humidity is at 65%, too much! I'm WFHing so the dogs have been pootling in and out all day :wub:

Hope everyone is well.

I've just shared an apple with Taffy. He's a strange old man :wub: When I took my boys to the vets last week for their boosters the vet couldn't believe they were 11, 12 and 13 - she said they were in great condition. Coming from a vet, I'll take that.

My Asda man has arrived an hour early, so he can go and sit in the park for a bit before his next job.

RMF : Have finally sent out a tender which has been ten months in the planning and for which I've done most of the donkey work. I am rewarding myself with Friday off so I have a four day weekend. I can do my proper job for a while now before the questions from suppliers start rolling in.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1