UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

I watched the latest episode of Gogglebox last night. Was a bit unsure of it to start with but ended up belly laughing. I love the 2 ladies who dress so colourfully, one has outrageous nails! Are they friends, sisters or a couple? How have I never heard of this programme before???

• Like 2

I watched the latest episode of Gogglebox last night. Was a bit unsure of it to start with but ended up belly laughing. I love the 2 ladies who dress so colourfully, one has outrageous nails! Are they friends, sisters or a couple? How have I never heard of this programme before???

They're bessie mates. They are hilarious aren't they? They always have a takeaway in front of them when they're watching - makes me want to join them because I'm sure we'd have a great time! :laugh:

• Like 1

Lol, Yantan it is really good isn't it? the 2 ladies are funny, i don't like leon... his wife deserves a medal for putting up with him!

Owl, i am glad your mum is doing o.k and it sounds like you all had a good time... the lady with the cocktail last sounds a right character

feeling rough today and fed up as i have just weighed myself and i am 10stone2... my consultant is going to kill me!!

Griff 10 stone is nowt, light as a feather really :flowers:

I've found a way to get the dogs to wolf down their food which I wish I'd clicked onto years ago. They have gone a bit fussy lately on what they'd eat. I give them kibble (usually Arden Grange but using Costco Super Premium stuff at the mo cos I ran out and needed some quickly) but they usually have something mixed in. I used to do home cooked and have also used Naturediet and the odd tin of salmon, etc. Used to be that as long as I mixed in hot water and gave it to them warm they'd eat it, but the last year or so they have been really hard to feed. I've tried them on all sorts including CSJ Command Performance (which they used to like but wouldn't touch with a bargepole, which I found out after buying two 15kg sacks of the stuff), Taste of the Wild and some other stuff which was like Orijen but UK based and slightly cheaper - all with something mixed in. The only way I could get them to eat everything was to mix in lots of home cooked food (mince, oats and veg - and it had to be warm). One night I couldn't be bothered cooking a batch so I chucked some raw mince into their bowls, poured boiling water on top, mixed it in and hey presto, happy dogs! I use frozen mince because comes in little pelletts so it's easier to use and breaks down into a 'mush' when mixed with hot water. It's also cheaper and easier to store because you can either defrost it or else just chuck it straight in frozen and it saves cooking. I just mix it in until it coats all the kibble. One of the main complaints on dog food reviews is that they don't have sufficient protein in, so job done!

my orthopaedic surgeon didn't want me to go above 9 stone Lol, my chest consultant always has a bit of a grumble at me (although he is a chunk himself Lol) i have until the end of june to get back to 9 1/2 stone, seeing my other consultant in 2 weeks but he always tells me i look great even when i looked like the michelin man when he started me on all the infusions and tablets so i won't believe him if he says i am fine

Laney used to love getting raw mince mixed in with his biccies, it was what got him eating again when he went through a stage of not eating very much at all. Kota has been a bit of a sod with food, she is fed raw and is on the complete nuggets, some days she will scoff everything i put in front of her and other days she will turn her nose up, like you i have sacks of flippin dog food all over my kitchen from where i have tried to feed her different things, today she has had dry food for brekkie, fish for dogs and i have given her cooked mince, jacket potato and carrots for tea... she has scoffed it all today

Baddie wont eat plain kibble either - unless I offer it to him 1 bit at a time by hand as he thinks thats a treat :rolleyes: breakfast he has kibble with a teaspoon or so of low fat cottage cheese I buy the Tesco value stuff so it's pennies and 1 tub lasts several days, for tea he either has kibble with sardines (tesco value tins are 33p) or a scrambled egg made with skimmed milk (his favourite) or a piece of white fish done in the microwave from frozen with the liquid added to the kibble - takes about 3 mins, tesco value again a big bag with about a dozen white fish fillets is about £1.68. This week I also bought 2 jars of tesco sandwich paste one chicken flavour and 1 salmon 25p a jar and the jar did 2 meals which he wolfed down. Because I can varry what I add for a very small cost he doesn't seem to get bored with any of it and always cleans his bowl.

I've never had a fussy dog either Jazz and tbh I don't think Baddie is necessarily fussy, its just that Lisa advised that we don't free feed him whereas all my previous dogs have been free fed so they just helped themselves to kibble when they got hungry enough, with Baddie he needs to eat 2 meals a day at a regular time he's a typical kennel bred greyhound so hoovers up food chokes spits it up and eats it again (niiiiiice) but this also means he takes in a lot of air with his food which can cause bloat, adding something a bit tasty to the kibble slows him down a little bit as he savors it more.

Plus I'm a soft touch doggy mummy who knows he hasn't really had much spoiling in his life so I'm making up for it by being a pushover lol

wow, that frozen fish sounds very good value Snow, i was getting 6 bits of the sainsburys basics for dexter and thought that was good at £1.68 might be worth venturing to tescos!!!

i have just had to pre order the ella henderson track Ghost as i have heard it about 6 times today on the music channels and i found it quite catchy, not due for release until 8 june though so will have to be patient

My daughter phoned me earlier from Greece fuming....she saw some teenage boys throw a cat off the harbour wall into the sea! She stormed up to them...all 5 ft of her....yelling at them and demanding they go and get it until one got a canoe and rescued the poor thing. They must have understood her body language if not the English! She told them if she saw them do it again she'd shove them in after it. I applaud her nerve but I wish she'd be careful, she's alone a long way from home.

• Like 2

Moaning :tired:

Thank dog your daughter was there suzeanna, morons :mad:

I'm annoyed because the mower I bought in B&Q last weekend is now on offer at £50 less :mad: I thought I'd buy one at that price and then take it back with the receipt from the more expensive one, but having looked on the website it appears to be sold out. Might have a pop down to B&Q on the off chance they've got one or two left.

Wish the ruddy rain would stop so I could get in the garden. At least the lawn doesn't need mowing because the new mower does a shorter cut so I don't have to mow as often. The old one didn't go nearly as short and needed doing every weekend.

Edited by merledogs

ive had a fussy dog, but just to the point she only liked certain brands, so I had that on the side for her, mixed others in from time to time lol

We got into bed last night, just settling down, when merlin weed in the bed! hes pooing sometimes but not weed, so ill take him to the vet this week

all bedding was drenched, but I didnt have anything else so had to use it. im now up early and its in the wash