UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muttering

merledogs

just had a slight panic, pup started barking, looked up to see a honey bee in my living room, years ago we had a influx of them through the air brick.... must have come through the air brick as all he doors have been shut, managed to catch it in a glass with a bit of card in front and turfed it out the front door and have promptly covered the air brick with paper and hopefully that will work... i don't like bees and wasps!!!!

Ana is home :) They have mended everything that was broken and also a water leak that I didn't know she had. They have also washed and hoovered her :) I asked the guy how much the repairs would have cost and he told me I would have been looking at £2000 worth of work! I am so glad I bought from a main dealer and got a good warranty :) Just driven her home with the roof down and my music on :biggrin:

well that is good news Gooster, not very good of them selling the car with a water leak, that should have been picked up on the PDI.

it mut be nearly summer... i have had to apply my fake tan today....my legs were like milk bottles Lol

What a beautiful day, am off to unpack boxes for a while. Also someone is coming to collect our bookcase today which we have decided is way too big for the flat.

Am going to make use of the free 20 items for free per month on eBay and list any old stuff in the hope to clear out some more space. Working on the basis that pennies make pounds and I'd like to have some of those!!!

Glad Ana is back where she belongs :)

I hope the unpacking has gone well Murtle :flowers:

I've been sanding down the woodwork round the garage door, getting it ready for painting. Have just taken a break to walk Logan and Kia. Think I'll pressure wash the back paving next :)

It's a gorgeous day here too. Am not really sure what to do though :rolleyes: I could paint my fence, but I'd rather do something fun. It's too warm to ride Blue and I've just eaten so I can't go to the gym yet :rolleyes: At this rate, am going to end up sorting my washing out and ironing :rolleyes:

How exciting Jazz.

You sound far to active Sophie! But the unpacking is going ok thanks, we are down to the stuff that we don't know where to put and the paperwork...so much paperwork!!

Has anyone seen Alex recently? And Owl? And others that have been absent?!

Mxxx

Moaning :tired:

I'm here murtle :wavey:

RMF : Grrrr, feckin BT :mad: I am trying to move away from them because Sky have offered me free unlimited broadband for a year plus 12 Sky Sports Day Passes worth £120, but because I upgraded my BT broadband to Infinity in January, they are claiming that I have therefore agreed to begin the minimum contract period from that date for another 12 months. I am so angry I could spit and have sent various emails to their residential services team, but how can you have a reasoned debate about unfair contract terms with a customer service rep who had a list of stock responses to read from? I WILL win.

I'm grrrring too this morning. It's hubbys b'day in 9 days, since before xmas he's been wanting another guitar (though where he will put it escapes me lol) he keeps on counting his pennies and trying to work out who might be giving him money for his b'day etc. but he's still around £200 short of the one he really really wants but he could buy a cheap copy instead though it wouldn't be the same and I know he really wouldn't be happy with it. He also wants another hard case for another of his guitars and the case is around £100 alone. Yesterday morning some one on my facebook was posting about a bargain they got on gumtree (not a guitar) now I never look on gumtree for anything but I was curious at what kinda thing is sold on it so decided to have a browse and found exactly what hubby is after complete with a hardcase for a very bargainous price - in fact its better than the ones he's been looking at as this one is a ltd edition which would have appreciated in value since new. Showed the link to hubby who was convinced it would have been sold instantly at that price so wasn't too hopeful, I told him if it is still available I'll give him his b'day pressie early so he can afford it. Emailed the seller yesterday morning and was thrilled to find its still available and the guy is around today for us to go see it and test it - however he didnt give me a time, address or contact number for us to make the arrangements. I emailed him several times yesterday with our phone number and asking what time we could go see it and have not had any reply. Hubby spent the whole of yesterday and evening bugging the crap out of me to "check my emails and see if he's replied" and has already nagged me this morning! But nothing..... arrrrrrrgggg I'm hoping he doesn't leave it until mid afternoon like he did yesterday to finally get around to replying to us.

Just popped in to say hi, we are ok and thanks for asking. We have been busy searching for lost dogs in the cool of the evening, and doing gardening and decluttering and computer stuff for the rest of the time.

Glad to hear you and Wispa are ok Owl. Hope roaming doglets return home soon. And you manage to compete your decluttering and clearing! Modern technology seems to have given us decluttering in the house and on the machines!!

It's not just my decluttering which is horrendous enough. It's mum's, gran's and stepgran's stuff which is lurking in cupboards and up in the loft. Junk and treasures all mixed in together. If the tip workers go a few days without seeing me they ask if I have been on hols! To add to the fun, some of the old letters and papers are in Russian so have to be put aside for translation as they could be of historical interest.