UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingle Dangles

merledogs

How's Nog today Snow?

Archie is hungry but won't eat the rice in his rice and chicken. He just picks the chicken out. In desperation I mixed a tiny of gravy in this morning to try and make it more appetising to him but no he's not having it! He can't live on the just the chicken and is looking noticeably thinner after just 4 days of not eating/the switch to chicken and rice.

Also not eating doesn't help the acid reflux. He needs to graze which is what he normally does before this last bout of A.R. Has anyone any suggestions as to how to get him to eat the bland diet for the next couple of days or should I just put him back on his Wagg? Wagg is the only stuff I can get him to eat and he's had all sorts offered to him - Burns, James Wellbeloved, Arden Grange etc.. He doesn't like vegetables either so adding them to the rice and chicken isn't an option either :rolleyes:

What about giving him some Manuka honey. It might soothe his insides.

Would he eat scrambled egg or some boiled fish- fish fingers were one of my standbys for a light meal.

If all else fails then feeding him Wagg , if he tolerates it , is better than not eating.

oh dear, poor Archie and poor Nog, hope both boys are better soon

Diez has been and had her stitches out, she collapsed again yesterday and today so i mentioned it to the vet, they said clinically they are happy with her and i will have to see what mike says on wednesday but there is a change given her behaviour that she could have a brain tumour. She is starving hungry all the time, whining constantly despite pain relief, i thought the op would sort her out and we would be fine but i am beginning to think the spleen wasn't the problem

Thanks Blackmagic - scrambled egg might be a go. I will mix it in with his next meal of chicken :flowers:

Oh Griff I am sorry to hear Diez isn't as well as you had hoped at this stage. I hope she gets sorted soon. I will continue sending positive thoughts for her :GroupHug:

We are going to South Lakes Animal Park on Thursday. Ruby has been before and loved it and several people I know have been and recommend it. The animals are well looked after and have room to roam. I hate zoo's so hope this wildlife park is a much better place. This is the park where a young keeper was mauled and killed by a tiger earlier this year!

I asked our DW if she could do two walks for Archie that day, morning and afternoon as we are likely to be out all day. Anyway she said she would come and pick him up, take him for a walk and then keep him with her so he can mooch about with her dog and be in company. If he gets whingey she will bring him back here for a couple of hours and then look in on him later and make sure he gets out for a wee or he can go with her again if he is willing. Sorted!

Yantan,enjoy your day out, i ams ure Archie will enjoy his day too

thanks both, diez is currently snoozing on the sofa, i have started her on senilife capsules in case it is a bit of dementia (i hope it is!) and we will see how she goes, having pets is so hard!

Yantan,enjoy your day out, i ams ure Archie will enjoy his day too

thanks both, diez is currently snoozing on the sofa, i have started her on senilife capsules in case it is a bit of dementia (i hope it is!) and we will see how she goes, having pets is so hard!

It is hard having them at times. They bring us a lot of joy but also a lot of heartache.

My neighbour has just told me her BC, Rosie, went to the Bridge this morning. Rosie and George were great playmates as puppies and got up to all sorts of nortyness together. N'night Rosie, sleep tight :wub:

Gentle squidges for Diaz.

Marion had I seen that post an hour ago I'd have said Nog was doing OK for now.... however in the past hour we have had to rush him to the vet as he'd thrown up on my bed again (all over the new quilt I bought only yesterday *sigh*) I'm now really starting to worry about him - he's not had previcox for 2 days and yet he's been sick again, plus now we have runny poo's with mucus its looking more and more ominous that its related to the previcox and either ulcers or liver problems. Vets were fab although surgery was fully booked for this evening they told us to come straight in and they saw him before surgery started. Vet agrees with me its looking nsaid related although she's not ruling out a bacterial gut infection either so Nog's had an anti emetic (and screamed the place down bless him) anti biotics and tramadol if he starts to get uncomfortable, alongside this they are going to run bloods on Thursday to check the toxin levels, if those are OK and the anti biotics don't work then we're looking at scans and/or xrays. Meantime like Archie he's back on boiled chicken and rice - this time no cottage cheese allowed as the dairy could irritate his gut. I've actually got 2 cooked chicken breasts here (they were for our tea!) and I have a couple of packs of chicken roll which he loves and I can hide the pills in.

Will Archie eat chicken roll? Its about 70p for a big pack in Tesco - Nog loves it.

Oh Snow what a worry :GroupHug: I hope Nog starts to pick up and stays that way very soon.

Thank you for the tip about chicken roll. I am betting the little bugger will like that! I'll ask Ruby to call in and get some tomorrow as there is a Tesco near her workplace.

I have added scrambled egg to his chicken and rice and he's eaten a bit more. I think I will just give him scrambled egg for his breakfast in the morning and see what he makes of that.

I have had chicken breasts defrosting at different times over the past couple of days and am getting mightily confused as to whether they are out for Archie or us!

Griff is Diesel still settled OK on the sofa?

Seem to have some poorly babies - positive thoughts being sent :GroupHug:

RMF : I have hopefully found someone to replace my soffits, fascias and guttering. It will make such a difference cos my house is looking really scruffy because the existing (original) stuff is falling to bits.

• Like 1

oh well done Merledogs, finding decent workmen is a nightmare nowadays

Jazz, yep you shouldn't give steroids and metacam, diez can't have steroids as she is on trocoxil (long lasting NSAID), she would have to be literally at deaths door for it to be considered, i was also told not to use metacam and cartrophen injections yet a friend of mines dog was given metacam to use at the same time as his dog having cartrophen injections

How is Trudy getting on?