UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

A quick update on events in my life lately:

Dogs are all well though Cassie is (I think) showing a few signs of early dementia..... however she is still happy and trots around. Will speak to vet about Vivitonin or similar when she has her drug checkup for the heart. She is losing weight and looking much older - to be fair when she first came here 4 years ago she was guessed to be around 6 and had spent her life in a puppy factory..... her meds have been the same since then with a grade 6 murmur and her heart is so enlarged you can feel the irregular beat when she lies on your lap.

Managed to write the Galaxy off .......... I thought it was a bump until I saw the other car on its side with one wheel rolling down the road, so the safety cage on a Galaxy is brilliant.

Mommy bear I love the DPD tracking service. It's Stevie that delivers to me and I told him when he was last here (Monday) that I really felt like a stalker as I followed his whereabouts on screen. He said he really didn't mind :)

Oh sorry to hear you are without the galaxy Georgina. Have you managed to replace it yet? I'll put Cassie on my thoughts list :wub:

Poor Morse :GroupHug: It's about time they made all fireworks the silent type - well not that they are completely silent but they are no way as annoying as the bloody bangy type. I have only seen them once and I enjoyed them even more because, for me at least, its all about the pretty show they make and knowing that no animals or people were being bothered by them.

It wasn't too bad here although there were some fireworks let off pretty close to us which Archie heard and got upset by. It was a horrible wet night so I think that helped keep a lid on it. I just hope it doesn't mean we are in for more tonight :rolleyes_anim:

I gave the DW the day off today to allow her to get on fitting her new shop up. Archie mostly stayed close by me on our walk and paid attention. On the odd occasion where the forest trail took him out of sight he soon came back to check I was still there.

I have no work this week :sad02: It's down to a feck up in the organisation of the outwork. The van never arrived last Friday to pick up my completed batch and drop off this week's allocation. I also didn't get paid for the week before last :rolleyes_anim: It's too close to Christmas for me to be missing my income like this.

thanks yes - was going to get a newer car but a friend aked why when it is a dogmobile..... the reasons were that if it broke down I would be stuck but when the crash happened there were people offering lifts, people ringing from the shops in case I needed anything, offers of a loan car from friends plus the local garage are great, they have never charged me for all the diagnostics they did on the Citroen and then the Hyundai ............ so I now have an 11 year old RAV4 with wipe clean leather seats (for the dog hairs, clean your minds up!!!)

• Like 1

I've been waiting with bated breath for the outcome of a Board meeting today. Business case for a project I've been leading (with a contract value over £3 million) has gone to them for approval and, after a LOT of hard work, they have finally given our strategy approval :partytime: I am so relieved because this is the second time it's gone to them and the first time they rejected it. Now need to sort a kick off meeting with the supplier and get contracts agreed.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

ok you lot, I know you will know ...

I have a goldfish whos swim bladder has gone wrong. he goes upside down when hes eaten, but then hes the right way up and happy. is he in pain? should I put him,down, and how?

I can ask my friend Becky tomorrow. She works in an aquatics shop and knows about fish.

Very sad, a mini horse in Brecon area which Becky was going to have is no longer with us. Broken spine on Saturday, thought to have been hit by a rocket.

We have been tracking 2 days running. 15 month old JRT out on an adventure!

Good luck with tracking down the JRT owl :flowers: I've been following the search for a local missing dog - several sightings but he's not been caught yet. Shocked to hear that they've had to take down the doglost page due to abuse of staff :ohmy: You'd think that everyone would be able to concentrate on helping get the dog home safely, but apparently not :grrr:

Happy belated birthday Trudy :party:

I'm currently trying to decide whether to go to agility tonight or not. Kia has an infection on her tummy and I'm worried the sand might irritate it. And I know that if I go home and sit down, I won't want to drag myself out there for Logan's class. Ho hum - I think I might be having a night in.

Re the dog whose page had to be taken down, Doglost and the rescue which the dog came from are still assisting and hope to catch him. They would have got him before now if it hadn't been for certain people chasing and shouting when they had been repeatedly told not to. Can't go into specifics as confidential at present. The local co-ordinator is very experienced and dedicated, and we haven't given up on him.

• Like 1

There's always knobs around that have to spoil whatever - in this case the search for a dog. I hope he's soon found safe and sound.

Well done Alex! :cheer: :jammin: :beerchug:

Good luck in finding the norty little JRT Owl. We always had JRT's at home when I was growing up and my last dog before George was a JRT, Jerry, who was a right old character. Still miss him even though it's 24 years since he went to The Bridge.

Sophie is Kia's infection on the skin of her tummy? If so would a t-shirt help to stop her skin coming into contact with any sand?

Sophie is Kia's infection on the skin of her tummy? If so would a t-shirt help to stop her skin coming into contact with any sand?

It is more in her groin area, so exactly the area where her jumper doesn't cover :err: I've threatened to get out the pairs of kids' trousers we had for Sky to wear when he had hot spots, but I don't think she'd be able to do agility wearing them :laughingsmiley: