UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

That week will fly by Loobie :)

Glad all doglets were ok with fireworks :flowers:

Today marks the 28th day since sending my complaint to Thomson - they haven't replied to it and their website says they will reply within 28 days :angry: Thankfully I saved what I sent to them, so I shall modify it a bit, print it out and send it recorded delivery. Kind of ironic since I am complaining about how poor they were at communicating before I went away :laugh:

It seems yo are not the only one

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/05/the-sunday-mirror-travel-poll-results-a-little-thank-you-from-thomson-and-first-choice/comment-page-6/#.UnZU0STequk

Hmm, I have written the letter and added a few sentences at the end with regards to allowing them a further 28 days before I involve the media - I have no idea how I would go about this at the moment, except to write to watchdog, but hopefully it will shove a rocket up their bum and get them to reply to me! I really want to get next year's September holiday organised, I know the hotel and dates, but am not going to do anything until I hear back from them.

Evening.

WB Mommy Bear :flowers:

Had a very soggy (flooded fields) walk with the mutts this morning. My garden is like a mud pit so I fenced off the garden, pruned the roses and dahlias and chucked more spent compost in the compost bin. Then I read for the rest of the afternoon.

• Like 1

Watcha reading Alex? I'm always on the lookout for new titles - even though I have a huge pile of books waiting to be read.

More feckin fireworks here but I am thankful that Archie slept thro them. I 'spect we will have some more before the night is over though.

We've had hailstones this afternoon.

I have been the cause of much hilarity at my office today - my cold has made its way to my chest again and I have laryngitis when I got up this morning I sounded like Barry White but at least I still had a voice I didnt discover I had turned into Micky Mouse until I rang them this morning, the first colleague I spoke to burst out laughing when she realised it was me, my line manager kept dissolving into the giggles very apologetically during our conversation as my voice went between sounding like a mouse squeaking or someone possessed by evil spirits, 5 mins later the director rang me and she tried so hard not to laugh but failed. Nog thinks I'm making silly play noises so is going all daft dog on me whenever I try to tell him something and Rob keeps coming up with words he asks me to say just so he can fall about laughing when one of my silly squeaks come out. Deep joy.

Hope you find your motivation soon Amy :flowers: I have to say since the clocks have changed, I have felt a bit flat :unsure:

Hope your voice is back to normal soon Snow - mine wobbled a bit today, but not gone too bad yet :)

Glad your pc is mended Marion :biggrin:

How exciting that a celeb was near Dog Star :biggrin:

My eyebrows are still interesting. My left eyebrow is still much worse than my right one. It had scabbed over and gone all flaky, so I decided to try and get rid of the flakeyness - big mistake, it's well sore now. Have been using aloe Vera on it over the last 2 days (since sudocrem makes people laugh and point at me!), so am hoping it will settle down soon :unsure:

Archie is feeling much better this morning :) I gave him a buscopan last night and he settled down soon after. He's had another this morning and ate his good morning tangly twist with great relish. He's just left the building as he's gone off on a boy's day out with Ian our DW's partner. He was very excited. He's taken his bait, a nice fluffy towel for rub-a-dubs and a back up buscopan with him just in case.

I am going to the dentist for work on the two fillings that are half missing. Deep joy.

After a cracking day yesterday, weatherwise, when the sun was out and the sky was just the most glorious shade of blue all day it's back to rain and greyness this morning.

Jayne you should stick with the sudocreme as it's the best cure-all I know. I hope your brows are soon back to normal :flowers: